ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Do I fit 4 Point Harnesses

182 FF
Hi,

I have purchased a pair of 4 point harnesses to fit in my 182 and I was wondering if anyone has a guide on how to fit the lap belts? I am intending on wrapping the shoulder belts to the roll cage but I have no idea on where to mount the laps.

Anyone got any advice/guide and what extra bits I need.

Thanks

Tim

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Mine go through the floor just behind the seat subframe, and into strengthened anchor points

182 FF
Do you have any pics? I know the bolts closet to the doors go back into the original fitting however its the centre ones im struggling to see how they work. I have seen some threads that say use the seat rails as a fixing point

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'm yet to fit the inner ones as I've just moved and everything's in storage still but this is where mine are
20160523_122033.jpg
20160523_122045.jpg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
No, mine are the standard eye bolts that came with the harnesses and the floor isn't exactly thick

Mazda MX5 & Clio 182
could i ask why did you install them on the floor rather than going back to the standard fixing point in the body of the car? or could you not get to it due to the cage?
You can see the fixing point on the last photo where the red cage and black cables are (left side of the cage)

182 FF
could i ask why did you install them on the floor rather than going back to the standard fixing point in the body of the car? or could you not get to it due to the cage?
You can see the fixing point on the last photo where the red cage and black cables are (left side of the cage)

Im installing the ones closest to the doors back in original point but the centre ones will need a new fixing location

Clio 172 Merc ML55
To keep harness angles correct, have a look through the schroth guide in the stickies