ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Do i get my clio 1.2 to sound half as good as this?

Clio 1.2 16V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhbcViDvtMQ

I kno its a 182 with a kit that doesn't exist for 1.2's ( yes i searched ) but i was wondering if i can get something a little close to it. that nice clean sound but deep enough to sound like its a little upgraded.

Any help? And roughly cost and what i'm looking for exactly?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
It is mostly induction noise to be honest! I dont think you will get close to that with a 1.2, raw engine power comes into play as well in the noise

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Thats a AAS custom Exhaust (from newcastle) With Decat.

Guessing any decent exhaust ppl could make you a system

Clio 1.2 16V
''
slimm432, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. ''
?. How much am i roughly lookin to spend?

E60 diesel powah
Its a magnex cat back with a straight through center section, cant remember how much i paid been a while!

Clio 1.2 16V
The non sport stealth is very quiet imo, even with the straight through centre pipe.

so in response to the video i threw up from youtube, the non sport stealth version is the most natural sounding exhaust for the 1.2?

anybody agree?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Just get a custom exhaust done up, will be better as you can tell him how loud you want it etc then he just wont be alot of baffles in the back box :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I got my system off ebay, its not as raspy as the above as its still got the cat on it. It pops and bangs lots and isn't over the top like some of them are.

Think it was £180 ish with lifetime warranty and its been over a year with no issues the guy is nice to deal with also if you do have any issues.

I will try and get a vid of it and a link to the ebay shop if you want.

Clio 1.2 16V
I got my system off ebay, its not as raspy as the above as its still got the cat on it. It pops and bangs lots and isn't over the top like some of them are.

Think it was £180 ish with lifetime warranty and its been over a year with no issues the guy is nice to deal with also if you do have any issues.

I will try and get a vid of it and a link to the ebay shop if you want.

if you can, thanks.

if i was searching ebay, what exactly am i searching for in specific for sounds i want my car to make when i step on the gas. i dont want it to rumble all over the place and hurt passengers ears. jus a mild deep hum ( not too deep tho ).

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
if you can, thanks.

if i was searching ebay, what exactly am i searching for in specific for sounds i want my car to make when i step on the gas. i dont want it to rumble all over the place and hurt passengers ears. jus a mild deep hum ( not too deep tho ).

I will PM you a link mate for ebay if i can find it, I will post up a vid tommrow for you of the noise inside the car and outside. its only when you put your foot down its makes alot of the noise.

I have got a 3.5 ish tip which is a nice size he also does other tail pipe desgins.

4066144522_8cb6a9582f_b.png

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Plummer does the system you have come with a silencer on the centre section? or is it something you opted for.

Clio 1.2 16V
wow them ktec exhausts sound wild!!

but i think its a bit much. i need a real subtle touch with a hint of deepness at the same time.

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
What ive got mate full piper ;) Unsilenced no baffles no backbox completley straight through if you want loud lol.

In my opinion if you dont want to go and get a custom exhaust done id say an off the shelf piper with the silencers etc in. Or the k-tec they do a super sports version or a sport version with an extra silencer in to keep it that little bit quieter for you.

Plummer does the system you have come with a silencer on the centre section? or is it something you opted for.

I originally tried to get it without (the "super sport" version)
But eventually got the "sport" version which also has a silencer on the centre section. ;)

wow them ktec exhausts sound wild!!

but i think its a bit much. i need a real subtle touch with a hint of deepness at the same time.

It's louder in the car than it is out, basically you hear the car when you see it.
It's not one of those exhausts you hear from miles away! :rasp:
Plus I would imagine it's a bit quieter with the cat on but I couldn't say for sure.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
yes exactly like @rt's.

@rt what did you do to yours?

Its subtle but so mean at the same time. yes exactly like @rt's.

Nice JOB.

Lol, mines a custom prospeed cat back (got it 2nd hand) with standard cat (at the moment!) also got a pipercross viper kit with caf. Total cost - £220