ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do I remove the plastic fog light surrounds on my 172 ph.2?

Car  PH.2 'berg 172
I want to spray my fog surronds gloss black (too match my grilles) & I was wondering how I remove the surrounds so I can properly prep them without masking them on the car.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks

Josh
 
Get a flat head screwdriver or butter knife behind them and lever them off,
they're made out of a kind of rubbery plastic so they're quite bendy and won't snap.
 
Failing that it's bumper off :)

FLOL be normal!!!

It will be indeed, I only recently purchased the car and want to spray the the front & rear diamonds any idea how they come off...

Front one is the same butter knife trick of working your way round it until it pops off,
it's held in with 3 long pins so you have to be carefull or they'll snap.

For the rear you'll need to remove the plastic cowling on the inside of the boot,
you'll see 3 nuts holding the rear diamond section on, once you've unscrewed them,
the whole rear diamond section just pulls off.
 
Lol that'd be the first thing I'd do if I wanted to remove anything but the top grill :o

The rear diamond Is glued to the boot handle, so pick off the glue, paint it, then regular :)
 
Pick off the glue? :S

Far easier to just remove the whole section, mask it up, sand, primer x2, paint x2, lacquer x3 / x4.

Put back on, stand back, take a pic, then shove it in everyone's faces on here. :approve:

RearDiamondlowres.webp
 
Pick off the glue? :S

Far easier to just remove the whole section, mask it up, sand, primer x2, paint x2, lacquer x3 / x4.

Put back on, stand back, take a pic, then shove it in everyone's faces on here. :approve:

RearDiamondlowres.webp

Cheers for the advise guys, i'll get i done and post some pics....
 
Back
Top