ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i Up rate the chip?

Hello, im new to this website, and would like to know info about uprating my chip to 240hbp, and also what is the max you can uprate it to. Also, is it good for the car to do 7000revs in each gear (just at weekends lol!) or will it mess up the engine.. oh, i have a 182 by the way. Another thing, what tyres would you recommend. thanks.... :D

you wont get anywhere near 240bhp with just a chip! you'd need to spend a small fortune to tune the standard engine to that level. The highest bhp 182 on here is running at 225bhp and thats had extensive work done to it.

Thanks, is the 225bhp within the manufaturers warrenty? I was told when I bought my car that I could chip it but cant remember what bhp it would be without effecting the warrenty. do you know roughly how much one would spend? sorry to be pain.
thanks again

Ford Fiesta
as soon as you chip it the warranty will be void.

if you are going to chip it you might as well get other things done, exhaust, filter etc I'd leave it as standard until its out of warranty.

doesnt matter about revs so much, as loong as its fully warmed up.

As for tyres stick with what was on from new and what the poll says to the left of your screen.

Michelin Pilot Exaltos PE2 205 45 R16 V.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Bless! lol...As soon as you touch the engine its out of warreny, well if you have problems you could prob revery bak to OE parts and plead ignorance. 225Bhp will cost you about 3-4k inc throttle bodies, a stand alone ECU and extensive internal work. With an smt6 as provided by BenR and mayb a few mods such as decat, zorst and filter your lookin at mid 180bhp mayb 190bhp if you've got a good-un!!!

MKIII 138
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
^ Bless! lol...As soon as you touch the engine its out of warreny, well if you have problems you could prob revery bak to OE parts and plead ignorance. 225Bhp will cost you about 3-4k inc throttle bodies, a stand alone ECU and extensive internal work. With an smt6 as provided by BenR and mayb a few mods such as decat, zorst and filter your lookin at mid 180bhp mayb 190bhp if you've got a good-un!!!

love-my-geek-black.jpg

thanks for the feedback guys!

So the fella i bought it from told porkies and said I could uprate it to 225bhp within manufactures warrenty, thats mainly why i was asking ....

I think i will stik to what i have got until the warrenty has run out and then possibly think about doing something else later on but 180bhp is fine with me :eek:)

thanks again!

AJRMOTORSPORT said:

225bhp would be TBs, headwork, cams I think more like 5.5k for these mods maybe more.

Sexi Kitti said:
thanks for the feedback guys!

So the fella i bought it from told porkies and said I could uprate it to 225bhp within manufactures warrenty, thats mainly why i was asking ....

I think i will stik to what i have got until the warrenty has run out and then possibly think about doing something else later on but 180bhp is fine with me :eek:)

thanks again!

Didn't someone else on here get told they could use a megane chip to get the engine to 225bhp and it would not effect the warrenty?

1996 Valver
MarkM said:
Didn't someone else on here get told they could use a megane chip to get the engine to 225bhp and it would not effect the warrenty?

The megane is a turbo is'nt it?
The ecu from that wouldn't work on a 182

Pat_986 said:
The megane is a turbo is'nt it?
The ecu from that wouldn't work on a 182

Yes mate sorry not questioning whether it would work or not. Just amazed that people would say this and more to the point that people actually believe it!

in the defence of those people that did, a lot of people dont know what the difference will be between the 2 chips other than they are being told that one will give them more power, i know i didnt know any of this untill i started going on car forums.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MarkM said:
225bhp would be TBs, headwork, cams I think more like 5.5k for these mods maybe more.

Splitting hairs lol..whats a couple of grand between friends...:)