ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you rate your car?

RB 182
Mini Cooper S - 4/10 - Gay, expensive, slow, poorly equipped, bumpy and s**t on fuel. Any bloke that buys one wants his balls re-attaching.

On the plus side its OK to drive and sounds quite nice.

Mini Cooper S - 4/10 - Gay, expensive, slow, poorly equipped, bumpy and s**t on fuel. Any bloke that buys one wants his balls re-attaching.

On the plus side its OK to drive and sounds quite nice.

Im suprised at this tbh i thought they would be the opposite (apart from the image)
Running cost wise its a struggle to find something which delivers the same performance or more than the 182, a elise or vx220 seem to economical for the type of cars they are, or am i wrong?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd have to say 7.5/10 for the 172.

Bought it a few months ago for £1700 and ive spent £1400 in renault so far. Not the cars fault, Just belts etc etc.
Ive got a few other bits to get done before i can say 10/10.

but as for everything else, like getting 49mpg from a 2.0 16v hot hatch!
Cant complain

i dont have a clio anymore but i rated the 172 8/10, 182 7/10, 197 9/10. I rate my current car a 9.9/10

How come u rate the 182 lower than 172? Jus curious also the way people talk about the 197 im suprised you scored it so high not personal experience just what i read :)

White clique
How come u rate the 182 lower than 172? Jus curious also the way people talk about the 197 im suprised you scored it so high not personal experience just what i read :)

It was just personal preference i think, the 172 had a tiny bit more kit (6 CD changer is one i can think of), and i had them when they were new, so i think by the time i moved on to the 182 and had owned it for a few years, i was probably just bored of the earlier clios anyway. So probably a bit biased against the 182! I do remember when i test drove the 182 which had cup packs the steering felt miles better and it sounded better, but for me they felt a bit like they were showing their age by the time i got rid. The 197 i rated higher as it felt more solid, nice brakes, i prefered the looks.. for me personally i was an improvement over the other 2!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
5/10

Yeah, it's a nice car to be in (just seems to feel less 'bargain basement' than other cars for that kind of money), but overtaking people on the straights and then being overtaken by the same people at the next hill really f**ks me off. I want them to stay behind me :(

Arctic 182 & PB 172
I rate my 182 ff amazingly. I have had quite a few cars but the 182 feels solid, i love the interior, I love the chassis. I have so much fun and even know after a couple of years owning her, she suprises me with how fast she can go!! I love chasing the red line now and again and that kick you get at 5000rpm is awesome.

It was just personal preference i think, the 172 had a tiny bit more kit (6 CD changer is one i can think of), and i had them when they were new, so i think by the time i moved on to the 182 and had owned it for a few years, i was probably just bored of the earlier clios anyway. So probably a bit biased against the 182! I do remember when i test drove the 182 which had cup packs the steering felt miles better and it sounded better, but for me they felt a bit like they were showing their age by the time i got rid. The 197 i rated higher as it felt more solid, nice brakes, i prefered the looks.. for me personally i was an improvement over the other 2!

Interesting that, though entirely logical thinking about owning two very similar spec cars in succession, i assumed you own a 182 ff. I really love the look of the 197 it is on my list of next cars to own, i am put off but the fact its no faster maybe slower and bad on fuel :/ looks wise its great id have an r27 f1 if i ever took the plunge :)

5/10

Yeah, it's a nice car to be in (just seems to feel less 'bargain basement' than other cars for that kind of money), but overtaking people on the straights and then being overtaken by the same people at the next hill really f**ks me off. I want them to stay behind me :(

Lol hilarious i remember this in my old golf loool i remember if i started going up an incline at motorway speeds it would slow down. 182's power seems so normal now id love to drive a slow car for a day just to be reminded :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My Valver/172 thing i'd rate as a 2. Through no fault of its own, just down to renaults (at that time) shocking desire to rust faster than they accelerate.

My vectra is a 9. does an indicated 49mpg combined, Goes like stink, can carry 5 adults in comfort and has a boot big enough for anything. Handles really well too!

I've relegated it to a 5.

f**king alternators kaput. :(

Clio 182 Trophy
I've owned my 182 for a few months now and love her. I previously owned a scooby sti and I was surprisingly shocked at how well the 182 can boogy :) I would rate my 182 a 9/10 such a fun car and so far reliable.

PB Clio 172
5/10

you wouldnt be saying this if you had an RS ! :p

RS6 C7
Audi a3 2.0 DSG.

Was abit strange at first but i love it! , Build quality is sublime. It's so stable at 70-80 compared to a clio. Mid range torque is great and the handling isn't as bad as i had expected it to be. It's not quite as fun as a clio but for day to day driving it's fantastic, So effortless and comfy :)

8/10.

Astra Twintop
8/10
First "proper" car I've owned.
Looks ordinary, goes like the clappers.
Its 'charged
And it makes a brilliant noise.

Swift Sport
Suzuki Jimny - 9/10

Yes it's awful at almost everything, but it's like watching a Labrador struggling with a stick that's too long for the doorway he's trying to get through. You can't help but smile.