ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do you Wire speakers up?

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Got some 6x9`s to put into my clio
Whats the best way to wire them up?
Im an electrical apprentice so i know a few things but am not an expert haha
IVe bought some 0.75mm speaker cable to use
Is it possible to connect them up to the speakers which are already in the back
THis would mean there connected up in series or parallel

CursedTitanium 182FF
%7BC3ED6115-3105-4D91-A2FA-726DC57F6532%7DImg100.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0470151587/?tag=cliospnet01-21

You could connect them up in place of the speakers in the back. Just extend the wires.
I wouldn't connect them up as well as the rear speakers, as the headunit will have nowhere near enough power.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Just ignore the arrogant dicks buddy. Everyone's gotta start somewhere :). Just as said, extend the wire from the rear speakers, if they're anything like my old car, it's a simple snip and soldier jobby. If lost its always best to ask an be sure, last thing you wanna do is f**k it up haha!

the advice you just offered will f**k it up, do not keep the rear speakers in line along with the speakers you are adding, shouldve saved your money to be honest

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
I wasn't saying keep the rear speakers, was saying extend the wire and just remove the rears. I don't see how this wouldn't work. Has worked fine for me.

Black Gold Trophy
Replacing the rear speakers with 6x9s in the parcel shelf would work, but I'd sell the 6x9s tbh and get some decent speakers in the front.

If you want to improve the sound you (as the driver) will hear, then concentrate on the speakers closest to you, also butchering the parcel shelf to fit 6x9s will devalue the car

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
He should defo use a stealth shelf if he want's 6x9's. Personally I find em hideous if on show and have always hidden them away under a flag haha!

Clio 182 Cup
I've just replaced all the speakers in mine with 13" pioneers the main thing to make sure is that you get the polarity round the right way. Ie positive to positive and so forth. I could be wrong but if I remember rightly the speakers will work in reverse in the + and - are round the wrong way.