ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How does he not react?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I know! Think this was on here not so long ago...

To be honest I don't move when I'm poo'ing either! :)

Remember seeing this a while ago, at that speed he was probably just pondering what type of wood his coffin should be made of, good correction thank god!

Maybe he just froze in fear

This. It happened to me in the passenger seat the other day. Never getting in the car with my mate ever again, he got such a bollocking. Was doing 70 around a roundabout like a dick and lost control twice, I just froze and didn't flinch.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Health and safety for having a rally like that about a metre from your house! If he rolled that it would be into someone's outside wall.

Listerine & Poledo
The way they wrote it sounded a lot more dramatic than the video.

I was expecting clouds of inner-edge smoke and to be pointing at the wall several times.

Pah

e91 330d/type r mini
that could of gone either way i reckon, thankfully he kept it together, you dont realise how sideways it was until you watch how much correction he was putting on the steering wheel.id of been screaming like a girl if i was in there.

Was the driver giving passenger rides or something? I think the passenger just didn't realise how severe the moment was, as if he thought it was all part of the experience, but a sideways moment like that flat out in 5th (or was it 6th??) would have me grabbing on for dear life!!
Driver did very very well to gather it up!!

Lotus Elise
More luck than skill if u ask me.

Are you on glue?

Read the Evo article on it, he is braking when he is applying opposite lock and then as the car comes back to the middle he is accelerating. The road is called Bray hill and it is one of the main roads through Douglas with houses, walls, lamp posts, traffic lights and pavements. Mental.

Mk5 golf gti
Good driving!

better than the original video that was posted of it, i would of shat one

53 Clio's & counting
Health and safety for having a rally like that about a metre from your house! If he rolled that it would be into someone's outside wall.

Was the driver giving passenger rides or something? I think the passenger just didn't realise how severe the moment was, as if he thought it was all part of the experience, but a sideways moment like that flat out in 5th (or was it 6th??) would have me grabbing on for dear life!!
Driver did very very well to gather it up!!

Its Mark Higgins and he was doing a demo run of the Isle of Mann TT course, which he broke the record for a production car.

I think from memory it was around the 150mph mark, bloke has proper skills.

53 Clio's & counting
For reference to show how quick he was going, a few outside views:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Arctic Blue 182ff
That first outside view vid!! Had to have have been only moments from death, surely, couldn't have survived garden walls at that speed!

BMW 330D
This happened to me at about 35/40 mph in the ice once. I kept hold of the car purley through luck. Worst thing was when i stopped at the lights the bloke who was behind me pulled next to me and was laughing. It wound me up but its hards to get road rage when theres a mess in your pants

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Exactly... most people in that situation would either lift off and/or dab on the brakes which is totally wrong in those situations. Proper brown pant passenger ride that would've been.

Mk5 golf gti
Exactly... most people in that situation would either lift off and/or dab on the brakes which is totally wrong in those situations. Proper brown pant passenger ride that would've been.

THIS.

this is when you find out if you are a good driver or not Lol most would lift of brake, either would result in death, probably

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
This happened to me at about 35/40 mph in the ice once. I kept hold of the car purley through luck. Worst thing was when i stopped at the lights the bloke who was behind me pulled next to me and was laughing. It wound me up but its hards to get road rage when theres a mess in your pants

i had a moment like this a few nights back in the DCi at around 80 over the crest of a hill on a left hand bend with gravel on the centre of the road, i was coming up to the left hander sticking to the line and as i pulled it into the bend the rear snapped out, the guy behind me in a mondeo ST TDCi was flashing and giving me thumbs up like i was a pure hero, had i lifted off or braked id have been a gonner! lucky i was at 2500rpm in the power band when i got the boot back down! lol

Lotus Elise

Read the Evo article on it, he is braking when he is applying opposite lock and then as the car comes back to the middle he is accelerating.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sam, I mean't in general people would simply lift off, hit the brakes and close their eyes until the vehicle came to a full stop (with proper bent up bodywork).... and that is the wrong thing to do.

This guy can clearly drive more than sheep!

BMW 330D
i had a moment like this a few nights back in the DCi at around 80 over the crest of a hill on a left hand bend with gravel on the centre of the road, i was coming up to the left hander sticking to the line and as i pulled it into the bend the rear snapped out, the guy behind me in a mondeo ST TDCi was flashing and giving me thumbs up like i was a pure hero, had i lifted off or braked id have been a gonner! lucky i was at 2500rpm in the power band when i got the boot back down! lol

Haha i bet it looks nothing like as dramatic as it feels. I was going down a duel carriage way in the bad winter we had at end of last year and the lights were changing to red so i thought id put my foot down and go through on amber. Car started wheel spinning in 4th gear! i had zero traction so i had to hit the break to avoid jumping a red my back end started going then lol i cant remember what properley i just turned into the skid and and stayed on the break. Pure luck but i'm still here haha