ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How does this work?

Time has come to renew my insurance...

Last year my price was a smidgeon over £1200, now I have my one years no claims bonus (YAY finally!) and have been driing for 2 years and 3 months or something along them lines....

New quote for next year £1386!!! WTF?

No crashes, no points... how the f**k has it gone up?! :mad:

Lee

BMW M2C
It often happens. They give you a large discount to get you to insure with them then increase it the following year.

The AA did it to me years ago. When I called to ask why the increase I was told that they had no idea why it had gone up, and they guess they just weren't so competitive on that car that year. Just call round and you should find a cheaper quote.

Thats crap, do they not want my money ffs.

Although I suspect they will still be the cheapest seeing as they were the cheapest originally by at least 1k!

Make sure if your not going with them to cancel your policy as some insurers are telling you if your not cancelling the policy they will assume your signing up for another year.

Lee

BMW M2C
Have you called them about it?

They might be able to get it down. The AA gave me every discount on the system when I complained. It still wasn't enough to beat Tesco at the time! Yet the following year The AA were the cheapest. This year they weren't!!

Make sure if your not going with them to cancel your policy as some insurers are telling you if your not cancelling the policy they will assume your signing up for another year.

Yeah they have an opt out rather than opt in... I'll have to remember that! :S

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Same thing happened to me with RAC insurance a few yrs ago, they told me that the extra discount from 1NCB to 2NCB was less than the increase in premiums that year.

DO NOT assume that they will be cheapier than everyone else, this is the 1st year that I have renewed as I have always found cheaper elsewhere.

A Flamin' Red one

Last year my price was a smidgeon over £1200, now I have my one years no claims bonus (YAY finally!) and have been driing for 2 years and 3 months or something along them lines....

How old are you bud, if you don't mind me asking? I know prices vary depending on postcaode but I'm 23, zero NCB as this is my first own policy with Bell insurance on a 172 PH2, fully comp. I'm paying £627. They're definitley worth typing into your address box! http://www.bell.co.uk/

Also, (and oddly!) by saying my car was on a driveway rather than a garage my quote was cheaper and adding my dear mother as an ADDITIONAL driver dropped the price even further...

How old are you bud, if you don't mind me asking? I know prices vary depending on postcaode but I'm 23, zero NCB as this is my first own policy with Bell insurance on a 172 PH2, fully comp. I'm paying £627. They're definitley worth typing into your address box! http://www.bell.co.uk/

Also, (and oddly!) by saying my car was on a driveway rather than a garage my quote was cheaper and adding my dear mother as an ADDITIONAL driver dropped the price even further...

I live in a low risk postcode, I'm 19 :eek: but female so my price is dramatically reduced. I've had one claim, which lost my bonus, although I have just got my 1 years ncb now. When I tried doing it with bell online I got a quote of £629.59 - although it thought my car was a golf gti :s which is slightly worrying as they are my current insurers.

So I decided to ring them and my original price actually went up to over £1400, I think they got the wrong end of the stick with bargaining, they were meant to come down in price! Grrr.

Diamond, has knocked 400 off the original price which is a plus, I may try Flux to see what they can do. :S