ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how fast can your 1.2 16v go

Mk2 Golf GTI

i got 110, i blame it to not being run in completely! 3500 miles.

Ive heard of people getting 125 indicated

f**k me thats fast, there was more in it but i bottled it! the tyres started vibrating! is this normal as ive never been that fast before? thats pretty quick for that small engine aint it!

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

i got about 110 , thats with a boot full of luggage , never again mind , got 3 points for it , got pulled over an told I was caught doing an average 90 , glad he didnt come along sooner

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 09 March 2004

i got about 110 , thats with a boot full of luggage , never again mind , got 3 points for it , got pulled over an told I was caught doing an average 90 , glad he didnt come along sooner
See.... You were only getting 90 ;)

Ive a 1.2 8v and ive managed 115 before.

But that was on the limit for me.

that was with the car as standard.

Since ive fitted my alloys though i struggle to hit 95 now!

172, Tiguan

125 in the first courtesy car i had down Reigate hill on the M25. It was indicated 125 and it damn sure wasnt going to go any faster.

regularly seen an indicated 120mph (in reality nearer 105mph) highest indicated speed was 127mph @ 6500rpm in 5th

gearbox for the 1.2 16v is rated to 124.8mph

Audi S3 225

Quote: Originally posted by cliomk2 on 09 March 2004

Ive a 1.2 8v and ive managed 115 before.

But that was on the limit for me.

that was with the car as standard.

Since ive fitted my alloys though i struggle to hit 95 now!

lmao, same here m8, I dont think ive ever done a ton even down hills with my 17s, they are sooo sh*t for speed. My car came standard with 14s and i put them on a few weeks back and i cant belive how quick my car really is, nippy little buger, love the extra power but hate the curbed to f**k look!

Ive got 110 on a straight in mine and 115 down a hill and that was nearly hitting the limiter!

but when I was doing 110, the gps was saying I was doing 109 so i guess my speedo is pretty damn correct!!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

118, just me in the car. On a long stretch of non cambered road i would probably only get 110.

only ever got 95, and i did that wihtout realising it, trying to keep up wiht the likes of Roamer, havent tried to see the fatsest speed yet, my sped indicates about 3/4mph faster then my true speed

Missus did 120 with no hands on the wheel...and pedals infact...though car stationary fraid- after encouraged to run the diagnostic programme as mentioned last week - great fun!!!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 10 March 2004

118, just me in the car. On a long stretch of non cambered road i would probably only get 110.

(118) - Got your number!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i had 119mph just before j27 onthe m25

(thats with gps not with the speedo which read 126mph)

ive reached 197mph in my 1.2 16v it only went that fast as i had some L.E.D washer jets. it was up a hill with a full car and all my mums food shopping in the back oh and i had a few brease blocks in the back for some reason i recon i could reach 210mph if i had just me in the car

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

I have a 1.4 16v and have been able to get my car upto !22mph only problem is that the standard conti tyres on the car arent great for high speed driving and therefore start to deform.

As far as i am aware the max u will get out of a 1.2 and 1.4 is !125mph as they run the same gearbox, its just the 1.4 gets to the limit quicker than the 1.2 obvious really.

Steve

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I hate to say it but if a 1.2 16v can do 125mph and is only group 5 (I think) then why would people bother with bigger engined higher insurance group cars?

Mine does just shy of 130mph and thats book speed.

Im sure the 1.2 16v is only rated as doing about 110mph (according to Renault)

My old 1.4 rt (8v) was only good for about 105mph (if it did go faster there wasnt enough road for it)