ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how fucked up is this!

clio 16v
Yesterday morning tried to go online and couldnt. Thought I'd call BT (my landline and broadband provider) so dialled 150 from my landline and got connected to talk talk?? Phoned BT on their number and asked what was going on. Got told that I had applied to transfer my phone and broadband to talk talk. Told them I had done no such thing but was advised to call talk talk. Phoned talk talk confirmed my telophone number and details and they refused to talk to me as somebody elses name was on the account. By this time I was rather irate to say the least. So I took some ID down to my nearest carphone warehouse to prove I live at my address and own the landline they have transferred. After about an hour of arguing it turns out that some b**ch unrelated to me who has a landline the same as mine except one digit has ordered from talk talk and put my number in by mistake. Upon realising her mistake said b**ch has gone back on an placed an order with her correct number but not notified talk talk about the mistake. What gets me is talk talk sent this customers name,address and my landline number to BT requesting the transfer and BT have not picked up on the fact I own the number not her:mad: :mad: . I have now been told it will take 14 days to reconnect me to BT!

Sorry rant over.....

330Ci (Fail)Sport
s**t mate, what a f**k up!

I'd push this for compensation for the time you've been without phone and broadband. A threat of trading standards or ofcom might help. They should have picked out on the mis-match of number and address.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd have left it and abused the free broadband that she would be paying for to be honest.

Re: how f**ked up is this!

BT are the worst company in the world, 'ever'. At least you actually got to speak to someone.

Snatch with DIY mods.

Bt have started capping my broadband! at 6pm every evening the home hub reboots and im down to half a meg untill after midnight. ive many a conversation with very polite but f**king hopeless indians in whatever part of india it is subbed out to. But as yet to no avail. cable is slowly coming this way and as soon as it is the homehub is getting a hammer through it. oh and ive had the same as you done to me but then it was "onetel"

clio 16v

I'd have left it and abused the free broadband that she would be paying for to be honest.

Thats the problem I cant access the broadband because the software for the router was sent to her address.

Bt have started capping my broadband! at 6pm every evening the home hub reboots and im down to half a meg untill after midnight. ive many a conversation with very polite but f**king hopeless indians in whatever part of india it is subbed out to. But as yet to no avail. cable is slowly coming this way and as soon as it is the homehub is getting a hammer through it. oh and ive had the same as you done to me but then it was "onetel"

I'd get used to it mate, if you breach their fair usage policy, which I do by downloading 150 Gb+ every month you get throttled to 500k between 6-1130pm. They suck

dk

911 GTS Cab
i get the same from BT, 6:30-11:30 down to 1/2 meg connection, been happening for 9 months now so i'm kind of used to it, tell me flat mate he can't download between those hours as it kills my web surfing and just use the web normally between those hours.

Shed.

BT are the worst company in the world, 'ever'. At least you actually got to speak to someone.

You dont live in Hull, were ONLY alowed to go with Karoo right now. TOTAL s**t mate, theyre useless, line constantly drops after 7pm at night.

Snatch with DIY mods.

Thats the problem I cant access the broadband because the software for the router was sent to her address.

I'd get used to it mate, if you breach their fair usage policy, which I do by downloading 150 Gb+ every month you get throttled to 500k between 6-1130pm. They suck

that explains it then. i will just leave utorrents on the hours im not capped then. w*****s:rasp:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I know somebody whos gas and electricity keeps getting "hijacked".

They've built a load of flats next to his house (his house is 61), and they're numbered 61a, 61b, 61c...etc.

People keep ordering gas or electricity and everytime somebody does it, they end up changing his too! First time it took him 2 months to get back to his original provider, nobody really seemed interested in helping. I think in the end he had to get the regulator involved.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
BT do my head in, i tried to transfer all the house hold bills over to my name when my mum died, i explained it all to them etc, then the guy goes " can you put mrs Taylor on the phone now please i need to confirm some details"...

i was like how do you want me to do that then exactly? stupid man

visualize whirled pe
Could be A LOT worse.

I got a redemption letter from my mortgage company, basicly the same circumstances as you, someone with similar details cancled my mortgage and tried to start another on another property > early repayment fee would be £2600!
The bank wouldnt speak to me. When I did get through to the manager he refused to comment then said he was on holiday and gave me a number which wouldn't work!
Then I was given the number of another bank, the one where the mortgage was being transfered to, but that was in a precinct in the middle of a city and the number I was given only contacted the precincts main help desk which was nothing to do with the bank! I sorted it all out eventually but got no appology from anyone, and total uncertainty what was happening with our own house!