ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How have your clio's handled the snow then?

Was driving home and its been snowing heavy here and couldn't get up a couple of hills, without massive difficulty.

Thats the problem with having sporty tyres, their brilliant on dry roads but useless in the snow. I had no grip at all today even though ive still got 5mm of depth in the tyres!!

How did everyone else get on????

Ed

BMW 330D
all the roads i went on were gritted (luckily) but its still snowing now and the main road is covered looks pretty dangerous definitely not going for a drive anytime soon!

R26r R26
Leave mine at home.Dont take it out when all that nasty salt is on the road.Not only that but you also have the idiots who carry on driving as if its a summers day.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol was having great fun on the B-Roads by me, might have spun it a few times.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think i drove home with the handbrake on for about 60% of the time, sideways goodness.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My car has been fine in the snow, but lets just say its been pretty hairy driving some of the stuff where i work.
Semi Slick Yokohama AO38 shod Exiges are a tad tricky on un treated roads..

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
mines been tucked up sleeping for a week, using other halfs fat ass megane
s5031468fh4.jpg

106 GTi
Mine was fine tucked away in the warm aswell.

IMG_5242.jpg

My 306 1.4 Lx on skinny 175 tyres and no abs was superb though!

gtvlew- your car looks so hot. I love it. Dont know why, just looks cool in the garage

and Rich stop teasing me with pics of your car, we all know its shinier than mine. lol

Rich has your car ever experienced moisture OTHER than your bucket and sponge?!
LOL. I just nearly choked on my food when I read that.

My was OK in the slush, but I wasn't driving like a fool (I did that earlier in the week when it was dry :D). Haven't used it in snow yet, but I've driven in lots of snow before so I don't think I'd be too bad, as long as I don't press the go button down to much.

What plate is your car Rich and what's your mileage?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My Cup can only dream of a nice dry garage...its now half the size as one half is now a shower room and the half that is left is full of fridge and freezer...

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Mine's been remarkably good in the snow.

In a straight line, in thick snow, even uphills and the traction control has been superb. The ABS is a bit sensitive, but overall its been good.

NO WHEELSPIN!........and no slushy wheelarches to clean up Rich;)

In a straight line, in thick snow, even uphills and the traction control has been superb. The ABS is a bit sensitive, but overall its been good.

when the abs is working is that when the brake pedal feels really wierd and like theirs something stuck between the disks and the pads, making it jerky?

if so then lusty's abs today was working overtime ;)

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Mine handled the snow fine. Didn't want to go up the drive covered with fresh snow though. Also had a close call when I didn't put a something behind the wheel to stopp it sliding down the drive and into a fence.

JMR

RB 182 Cup

when the abs is working is that when the brake pedal feels really wierd and like theirs something stuck between the disks and the pads, making it jerky?

if so then lusty's abs today was working overtime ;)

Yup, when my ABS is working it feels like I'm driving over gravel!! :eek:

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
mine is soooooo stuck, i could leave the keys in and engine running, and it will still be there in the morning.

Im surprised. My car was wheel spinning like mad even with only 80 or so bhp, so I expected to see the RS boys saying that they couldn't move for wheel spinning expecially with 100 bhp more than mine.

You could drive a 500bhp car in the snow and not wheel spin it, if you can drive properly. Of course that might not mean using first but still ;)

Up hills she wheel spun, but on flats was ok. I tried giving her very few revs to stop spinning but stalled a couple of times.

I always thought the more power you have then the more difficult it would be to stop wheel spinning. I would have shat myself if I would have had to drive a 2.0ltr clio home today :eek:

Not got a car
My ESP/Traction Contol dont work at all and i dont know why. Its only a 03 172 with 9k on the clock.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
oww i just twatted into a curb and killed a 17" alloy :dapprove: gutted... no one tell rob (r30bc) he will kill me...

M

mini-valver

Mines been fine really, doesnt like steep hills but it still goes up!