ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How heavy is your tailgate.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
I'm just intrigued to know whether my gas struts are as good as they should be. I have just swapped them for another used set and there seems little difference in the way in which the hatch closes. The struts hold the hatch fully open without a problem, there is some damping and support right down to the point where it is about horizontal then there seems little support and would slam shut if I didn't lower it down with my hand. Likewise there is little opening assistance and the hatch requires lifting manually until it gets beyond the horizontal point.

I'm not wanting to fork out on a brand new set unless I know there will be some improvement.

Any comments would be appreciated

As above echoed

I swapped my struts for used ones like you did, and they felt the same, however my friend replaced his with new ones and I nearly knocked myself out when I opened it as I didn't realise how much I pull mine open in comparison!

Closing is the same though

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To be fair I paid less than £12k for a brand new fiesta ST-3 ;) was tax free though.