ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long are F tyres lasting you? post mileage/make!

hi

looking at renewing the fronts again; using the original spec ContiSport1s and they're seemingly not managing much more than 10k, which is becoming a bit of a pain

guessing it's partly to do with the car's geometry, and partly Conti's softness. susp is std, it's all on road, and isn't particularly spirited

what are you guys getting out of different tyres? interested to see what different makes manage, as i'm considering switching if there's a big difference

thanks!

Octavia vRS tfsi
About 8-9k from Toyo T1R's on the front. God only knows how long on the rear, a long time though.

S4 Avant
I've just worn down my front tyres to the limit, after 6K

mmmmmmmmm durun sport one's... quality tyres

911 GT3, 320i, M3
About 3000 miles out of my yokohama parada's

That means the brand new one's going on Saturday will be knackard in two weeks after my euro hoon.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
10k is good mileage on a 172 with conti's!

My company 182 I had needed a new set after 6k! They are rediculously soft...

It's A Reno
I must drive like a right fookin' pussy 'cos i got about 20000 out of my first set of contis. :dapprove: Or am I soooo smooth?

20k seems more reasonable for such a light car. some horror stories here!
sounds like another quirk of the car. nothing on it that's made of rubber seems to last more than 5mins..

Focus ST-2
My 182's absolutely eaten some Yoko S306's. Came with the car when I bought it and it's having PE2's next week but the Yoko's lasted 5k! Not with massive amounts of spirited driving either, they're just really soft.

Titanium 182
Think my car has the original Michelins on it. on 23000 odd miles at the mo. though they are basically at the legal limit

Gettin 2 brand spankin new michelins fitted tomorrow :cool: