ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long should t take before the engine is on the 'hot map'?

Clio 172 ph2
On my half hour or so commute my engine still seems to usually be on the cold map (rev limit at 6800) most of the time.

How long should it normally take to switch over to the hot map? Do I need to replace my thermostat?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is your temprature needle sitting at exactly half way?

It sits there from about 80, but it wont switch the map until over 90 so the gauge isnt really much use.

There are other reasons it will sit on the lower limiter too, for example I have a cup with an RS2 with me for mapping at the moment, and that kept dropping onto the lower limit due to a speed sensor fault.
Its not JUST a temperature related limiter, its the error limiter as well.

Clio 172 ph2
Temperature needle is usually a little below half way (only a very small about though, and sometimes it is a little over half).

How would I know if there was a speed sensor fault?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Temperature needle is usually a little below half way (only a very small about though, and sometimes it is a little over half).

How would I know if there was a speed sensor fault?

Sounds like your thermostat needs changing. Should stay in the middle and not move.