ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long to transfer personal plates?

I've been searching but cant find an answer! If you have all the paper work for both cars and take it to the DVLA local office, can they do it the same day? a dealer is trying to tell me it will take two weeks.

Lotus Elise 111R
I've been searching but cant find an answer! If you have all the paper work for both cars and take it to the DVLA local office, can they do it the same day? a dealer is trying to tell me it will take two weeks.

They don't do it immediately anymore, it will take a minimum of 2 weeks now, sometimes nearer 4. The only thing they can do immediately is assign a personal number to a car, rather than off one, onto another car or certificate

Renaultsport Clio 172
I'd be tempted to carry your paper work with you for a couple of weeks after its gone through as well. I got stopped in a census on the way to work a week after i put on my plate and her majesty's finest day glow army still had the old plate on there computer systems, so i had to produce the documents at my local station

1.4 ph2 dynamique
went into reading , got it done there and then, just goto wait for paperwork to come though but you can put them on straight away long has its up on the system and have a other half of paperwork

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
did mine 2 weeks ago! got there on the dot for opening time and they did it there and then!! drove away with my new plates fitted ;)