ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low can you go?

LY R26 #288
Thinking about getting some ktec coilovers. Realistically how low can you go without rubbing issues? Is there a way to stop the front rubbing?

BlackGold 182
I'm not too sure how low my is other than that my front bumper is 85mm from the floor to splitter, I get just just a bit of scrubbing when it's nearly full lock or is full lock, don't think there is much I can do though, spacers will make it worse, I just live with it :D

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thinking about getting some ktec coilovers. Realistically how low can you go without rubbing issues? Is there a way to stop the front rubbing?

To stop the front from rubbing you need to trim the front bumper brackets down that are located inside the arches. They are what catch when trying to go low on clios.

LY R26 #288
I'm not too sure how low my is other than that my front bumper is 85mm from the floor to splitter, I get just just a bit of scrubbing when it's nearly full lock or is full lock, don't think there is much I can do though, spacers will make it worse, I just live with it :D

85mm? That's low. We measured mine on cup suspension and I think we said it was 130mm and dr jekyll's is 100 mm iirc.

Do you have any issues with speed bumps etc? Or is that a silly question?

182 Turbo Project
Don't go too low as it will ruin the ride and the handling of the car. Mine was a bit too low tbh, it looked good, but was quite uncomfortable!

I couldn't go over speed bumps, so I had to plan my routes very carefully!

Looking back I wouldn't go that low again, as the car handles so much better now that it is back to the stock suspension set up.

Evo 8 MR
All you need to do is remove the front arch liners, it's likely your fogs will mist up however.

Brackets shouldn't be an issue unless you go silly low.

182 Turbo Project
Brackets were an issue when I was running 16s, but moving to 15s meant no more rubbing!

But srs. Don't go stupid low.

BlackGold 182
Yea I find mine fine really, just a bit of scrubbing and just means going slower over speed bumps etc lol

182 Turbo Project
How does it handle? Got any pics?

As long as you don't wind them all the way down, you should be ok.

I was running my VMaxx coilovers on my standard 182 rims and they were fine, the odd rubbing on full lock etc, but apart from that speed bumps were not an issue.

I then felt the need for more 'lowz' and got a set of 15's. This meant no more rubbing on full lock, but I had to plan everywhere I went very carefully. Multi-storey car parks were a no go!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the look of it. Just looking back now, it was just a bit daft!

LY R26 #288
Lows?

Jump in with me Joe for half an hour and I'll show you why a decent ride-height is good ;)

Lol I saw you on the way to arundel earlier, sorry I didn't notice until the last minute. Was in a day dream.

I know what you mean about a good ride height. Every time I meet up with Dr Jekyll he's car looks really nice low and makes mine look like a monster truck. And I do like the stiffer ride. Hmm decisions decisions.

It is a tricky one. I do drive my car hard and the British roads are far from perfect.