ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Loyal Are You?

How loyal are you?

• Total voters

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not trying to outsmart you mate. Simple pointing out that your argument doesn't make sense. You claim you don't want an expensive phone yet you're getting an iPhone 4S. One of, if not the most expensive current phone on the market. Regardless to whether its an upgrade 'for free' or not. Do you think its simple free? You will pay £30/£50 a month on contract for it over 18/24 months. Why do that when you can pay £10 on a rolling 1 month simplicity contract.

If you say you don't want the top of the range phone and you don't use all the gadgets then but the £5 phone I posted above which does phone, text and internet.

Ive just saved you a couple of hundred quid a year. You can thank me later.

i do agree with you, but all i said was i got an iphone and then you said why would anyone get one now and all i said was i didnt wanna wait and pay a premium for the iphone 5 but im not a must have hence getting an iphone 4s at this late a stage. thats all mate.

LY 182
Personally I'm pretty biased when it comes to Apple. I won't consider alternatives and that obviously has an element of loyalty towards Apple, but primarily it's down to the fact they make fantastic products so there's no need to change.

Listerine & Poledo
Haven't had an iPhone but had to sell them by the crate load when they first appeared and seemed to immediately take the brand and flush it away

"this is Apple, why is it cheap? It's only going to attract scallies and scum, Jobs, you fool!".

Of course, I was right. But given that I've tried almost every other smartphne platform going it's time I give Apple their turn. It can only be better than my Xperia anyway!

I've been on a rolling contract since March, purely to wait for the 5 (plus, it's nice only paying £15 per month).

There isn't another phone that comes close to the iPhone tbf.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
I won't look at any other phone.

Apple products just work. That's why I love them... Also, I've been hoarding idocks over the past few months to put in a future house so I can play/charge my phone/iPod anywhere in the house :p

I'm sure the new iPhone is rumored to have a new smaller dock connector?....... could cause you a few issues if you upgrade to it at some point

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm sure the new iPhone is rumored to have a new smaller dock connector?....... could cause you a few issues if you upgrade to it at some point

Unlikely, you'll probably have to shell out for a few adaptors. But thats progress.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oddly enough I'm considering one of these come contract expiry...that or a 4/4S.

iPad 2 and iPod Classic have convinced me of Apple's intuitive interface and apparent ability to keep things moving at pace where others struggle/stutter/slowdown.

The only thing I'm not 100% comfortable with is the fact the with Apple all seems to be locked down. With my Andorid phone I can change pretty much what I want to however I want it...but if the iPhone is anything like my iPad, the complete opposite is true.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its no coincidence that all of the Major os's are now becoming more and more "closed" to follow the lead of iOS.

Windows phone 7/8 started from the get go with that model and now it seems that even Android is beginning to implement design directives to improve the experience, not hard to agree with when you use a "stock" android device (after 4.0) its a richer
experience.

I knocked up a quick table to explain why i wouldnt buy a iOS device now;

iphone.PNG

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i hated the iphone when they 1st came out, couldnt use it, couple of years later i was all over the 3G, converted from that day.

wont consoder anything else now tbh

M135i and the shed
Girlfriend had a 3GS - Hated it.

She bought a 4 - Moaned about it.

She's now got a 4S - Hates it.

What's the going for next? - Iphone 5......................Certainly a loyal (?) following but I do question some peoples motives for not changing. In my GF's case, it's pure vanity of it being an Apple product as she generally spends her life moaning about it. B1tches be crazy............

Even in the face of my Galaxy Nexus (on the same network) outperforming hers pretty much everytime she'd still never consider swapping to anything other than an Apple product. Apple have certainly got the marketing side tied up pretty nicely on that side of things so fair play to them I say.

To be honest I think alot of it comes down to software familiarity as on the other side of the coin, I doubt i'd swap from android device now as I know the operating system well. I find the Apple OS restrictive and a bit backwards so it's just a case of what you've become familar with more than anything.

Clio 182
I'm not loyal to any brand, including Apple. I'm not an Apple hater, likewise not a fanboy. I've never owned an Apple product. I have used them regularly, and they are fantastic. Very slick etc. I don't get the blind 'I will ONLY buy Apple' hysteria surrounding them though.

I went through various Nokia's (N95, N96, N97) the N95 was magic at the time; N97 utter tosh in comparison. N97 was lauded by Nokia as an iPhone rival, which it never could be, it was slow and stodgy. I use it now as a 32GB MP3 player in my car and nothing else.

I replaced the N97 just over a year ago with a Galaxy S2 which is in an entirely different league. Compared with the phones released at the same time, which from Apple was the iPhone 4 (perhaps 4S) it performed as well, if not better by many reviews, and like for like comparisons with my mates' iPhones, any differences are hard to spot. Android support is fantastic, and the 'Play store' is improving all the time.

This begs the question, why are people willing to pay more for an equivalent product? For the same monthly contracts you pay at least £100 upfront with most retailers for the Apple product. Given equivalent performance and support, the extra cost is simply unjustifiable to me. Even if I was a 'baller.

Goliath I
You know what they say...

Once you go Mac, you never go back

I don't think I could use anything other than an iPhone now and I was a hater at first

BG 182
I'm eligible for upgrade oct 1st so I'm getting the 5 as soon as available. 3 guys in my team at work who had 24 month contracts with 3gs have now changed to Samsung s2 and s3.
I have to say from what I've seen the Samsung software seems more animated which I quite like but that's it. the whole apple interface and product line is for winner IMO

CBR1000RR Fireblade
As it stands at the moment, I will be sticking with Apple. My current iPhone 4 is the best phone I've ever owned and the best quality / well built.

My handset is a little over 2 years old and it works as new, if not better. I plan on keeping this handset until it dies, when it eventually does, I will be purchasing the latest available Apple phone.

Note how the replies differ.

Sentence or two = iPhone.

Load of waffle and attempting to justify a purchase = Android.

Last edited:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I buy what is best.

if you meant this statement because iPhones are always going to be the best then correct.

If you meant that you buy whichever the best product at the time regardless to the make then you would never buy anything but an iPhone. lol

if you meant this statement because iPhones are always going to be the best then correct.

If you meant that you buy whichever the best product at the time regardless to the make then you would never buy anything but an iPhone. lol

Ha. Well if the next Galaxy Curve Touch One II was super amazeballs, then yes, I would swap.

But it's not just the phone now. It's got to fit into a system.

Will it have the apps I want and use everyday?

All my stuff (iMac/iPad/iPhone) sync with each other. If I buy a song/movie/book, it's on the others without me doing anything. Same as my contacts. My notes. My bookmarks. Etc etc.

So half the battle isn't just the phone. They have to match the rest. So maybe I'll buy a Nexus, Nexus7 and a Chromebook.

M135i and the shed
Note how the replies differ.

Sentence or two = iPhone.

Load of waffle and attempting to justify a purchase = Android.

Possibly due to lack of convincing arguments? ;)

I jest of course and I think alot of loyalty to any mobile device type is based around how that ties in with the other equipment and services you use. You've freely admitted to being almost being tied in to Apple through the use of Macs and Ipads; likewise i'm kinda tied to an Android device for similar reasons. Once you've gone down one route it's harder to switch which tends to force loyalty upon the user somewhat (whichever way you go).

The only benefit I see is that Android is available on a larger range of devices, however given that i'd actually only consider owning about 3 of them it's not a signifcant gain! :)

Although is it not the case that half the software and half the devices are not compatible with each other?

I don't know. I'd never lower myself to use Android. Just askin.