ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many miles/how much fuel a week?

Polo Bluemotion
i was just wondering, after reading a few recent threads, what kind of miles everyone does on an average week,and how much fuel they put in?? this isnt another hw much mpg thread, i was just wonderin, because I put about £40 in mine every week (450-500miles) which im presuming is one of the most economical cars on here.....Id love a 182,but im sure my fuels bills would double(?)

So how many miles do u roughly do/how often do u visit the petrol pumps per week??

:S

White R26/Stripped Valver
I put about £20 a week, to college and back 4 days a week and friday night get about 175 miles driving respectively which is good. But recently thats gone tits up put a tenner in the other day got about 50 miles....thats 22.7mpg :dapprove: dunno whats goin on there, any ideas lol?

F

fletchie

I put in about £45 for a full tank which gets me about 300 odd miles. I have a 182 and mainly do motoroway miles to and from work. That said, I do have a fuel card paid for by work so I have air con on constantly. I'm told that increases fuel consumption.

£45 may seem alot but when work are paying for the petrol, I make damm sure I fill up with the premium stuff!:cool:

535d / t5 caravelle
i put £40 in and get a good 450 miles out of it, thats not in a week though more like 3, thats in a 106 diesel by the way

the williams is about £45 quid to fill up and i get 270 miles :D

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i get a bout 24-250 miles out of my weekly £20,l but recently its begome more like £25 for the same because of the cold air reducing the economy the 1.2. i'm thinking of doing diesel ina year probs a megane 1.9 because its about 75% motorway driving i do.

172 ph2
full tank 46quis ish,at tesco i get 5p off every litre that is about £2.50 not a clue how many miles 12miles a day for work 5 times a week,plus piking our lass up if shes on lates 12miles there,then at week end our lass works so i take her and fetch er back plus super market

2016 Audi RS3
I commute 40 miles a day at the moment. A roads at between 50-70 all the way. My 172 Cup averages 40mpg and I use about £30 of fuel per week to and from work.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
£44 tank gets me over 350 miles if i want lol! (driving it like my nan) thats 10-14 days worth of commuting and running around! not bad! had the mpg reading 41.7 all last week! alot cheaper than my last car which got 280 miles from £60......

BMW M4; S1000 RR
200 miles minimum. On that basis I can do 3 weeks worth of commuting for £45~.

I should stop leaving it till the light comes on though, the local shell having diesel in is like relying on the goodwill of others to get out of a junction.

Polo Bluemotion
This is quite interesting. Up to now, it would appear that nobody does "big" miles a week in there 1*2s. It just seems to be pottering about. Ive thought about it alot, but doing the miles i do (which isnt pointless driving about,may i add),and driving a 1*2 how it should be, the fuel bill would kill me!

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Ive managed to get 35mpg in my 182 by driving like an absolute saint. Then drove normally and now im down to 26mpg.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
mpg i get an average of about 29mpg and i put about 20 quid a week in and get about 180 miles

320d
i put 15 liters a week in and do 125 miles which is 37.88 mpg, not bad considering all i do is extra urban driving basically and only realy drive for no longer than 10 mins. trip computer only says 34ish though but when you work it out properly it works out at 37.88

Leon Cupra 300
I do 33.5 miles a day for work, 5 days a week @ 40mpg. It costs me about £25 a week! Which is pretty good to be honest!

I fill it up every week and half and it swallows about £40 of V-Power.

BG 182
I spend about £40 a week on petrol and that will get me close to 400 miles, i travel to and from college and work 6 times a week and go out with my mates usually twice a week..

BMW F21 125d
Full Tank - £46 last weekend, will last me 2 weeks and will get around 320 miles from that, all short journeys, no more than 10 miles at a time. Using quick math at 104.9p per litre (super) thats close to 33mpg. Im sure it'd be better if it was long journeys

Lotus Elise 111R
Full Tank - £46 last weekend, will last me 2 weeks and will get around 320 miles from that, all short journeys, no more than 10 miles at a time. Using quick math at 104.9p per litre (super) thats close to 33mpg. Im sure it'd be better if it was long journeys

That is almost exactly the same as me!!!! Do do all sorts of journeys tho.

Fill up just over once a week

I reconned that over the last year I put just under £50 a week and did about 580 miles.

04 Clio 1.6 16vDynamique+
Currently I get 22.5MPG (computer reading) and top up with £35 a week of 108Ppl V-Power 99. Probably giving me about 275 miles to a tank. No commuting, just social driving.

If you are so worried about miles per gallon you have bought the wrong car guys.
I bought a cheap to run car still annoys me though.

I've poured £8k into the tank since I've owned it. Or another way I've pored £6k in the covernment coffers and £2k to the oil companies etc.
What should I change it for?

It's only worth £1,500 or so.

Corsa/Nova/Clio early generation disesl run on a nice mix of cooking oil or a Micra are good.

Clio MK 4
I spend about £40 a week on petrol and that will get me close to 400 miles, i travel to and from college and work 6 times a week and go out with my mates usually twice a week..

I drive normaly in m 172 and only get 260 miles off 40 quid. How you get 400 miles!

320d
about £20 a week, my 1.2 is shocking on petrol!

i only use it to go college/work/see the gf

Same with me mate it seems like the 1.2's do worse mpg than the 2.0's at time. but i supose all my driving is extra urban and a 5 minute dual carraigeway a couple of times a week to see the gf so i cant expect good mpg.

none :(
i do about 2 miles per day driving to work and then 6 driving to and from the mrs house.

i stick around £10 in per week lol

seeing as the mrs as recently passed her test she can do the driving from now on lol

Titanium 182
I normally put £20 of high octane unleaded in and I commute 30 milesish per week and blat it some of the weekend I was shocked to find I'm only getting 88 miles (15 mpg)!!!!!!!!

But then I didn't buy it for economy, but it's getting ridiculous now.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I never fill it up to the gunnels (that will just add weight and thus decrease consumption considerably) unless im going any great distance ofcourse

I just fill her up when i need petrol, dont bother with what its getting as itll never be more than 37 or lower than 27mpg for any prolonged period of time.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I do about 1000 miles a week when I'm working and put in about £120 a week.