ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How many of you still with standard cliosports?

172/vx220t/m135i
I've owned my 172 since early this year and am quite proud of the fact it's pretty much as standard as the day it left the factory. Other than the obvious uprated pads/disks/tyres which i guess many would have changed due to them being consumables, how many of you have resisted changing exhausts, bodykits, engine upgrades etc? The only thing i would consider changeing is the exhaust when it inevitably drops off for a stainless back box other than that it's staying standard.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Me! They dont need modding. If i now had a 182 i'd get a cupped one and leave it at that tbh. Spent far too much money down the years pissing money on cars. Only thing i would consider is possibly some eibach springs........

Massive waste of money modding cars

Civic Type S GT
Me! They dont need modding. If i now had a 182 i'd get a cupped one and leave it at that tbh. Spent far too much money down the years pissing money on cars. Only thing i would consider is possibly some eibach springs........

Very well said!

Iceberg 172
Pritchard - WTF??? You had the nicest RB 182 on here yeah??????? Only just realised you got an R27!!! Congrats! Like it???

Iceberg 172

That depends, I'd prefer to have my car looking, going, handling, sounding exactly how I want it than waste money down the pub and then have to pay some "yesh pleash" to take me home in a stinky cab.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines near enough standard now apart from turinis and bmc. i do miss the h&rs but as gaz said there great standard

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Only mod are sportlines - other bits are cup spoiler, splitter, wheels - which although are mods I don't really count as mods as they're all off another clio

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That depends, I'd prefer to have my car looking, going, handling, sounding exactly how I want it than waste money down the pub and then have to pay some "yesh pleash" to take me home in a stinky cab.

Oh aye, agree, but i'd put money on a standard 172 being better day to day, and as quick/quicker than some stiffly set up too low Clio on cheap coilies.. (not saying yours is btw) The standard car wont be too loud, too hard etc when your not in the mood

How many times on here do you see someone mod a clio, then drive something else (standard) then moan how loud/horrible the 172 is in comparison , er no you've modded it that way?

BG 182 FF
apart from what you said ie brakes, mine is standard bar a cf engine cover and front diamond which will be coming of soon.

Iceberg 172
Oh aye, agree, but i'd put money on a standard 172 being better day to day, and as quick/quicker than some stiffly set up too low Clio on cheap coilies.. (not saying yours is btw) The standard car wont be too loud, too hard etc when your not in the mood

How many times on here do you see someone mod a clio, then drive something else (standard) then moan how loud/horrible the 172 is in comparison , er no you've modded it that way?

Lol, this does make me chuckle as I know exactly what you mean! I take no shame in admitting my KTEC coilies aren't the best and it is setup for looks over handling but it does exactly what I want to do and how I want it to do it!!!!

I know what you mean by the exteremist but that's why I've modded mine slowly, making sure I'm not going over the top / too extreme as it is my daily.

I can honestly say it's all been an improvement so far and there's not one thing on my car that I regret doing / having on there.

Admittedly, if I did long journey's often the standard exhaust would be back on there (not that it's that loud but a bit droany at 70/80mph) but I love it for what I use it for!!!!

LY R26 #288
My cup packed 182 is still standard apart from the exhaust which is about to get changed. I opted for a stainless steel one instead of the standard one. Only because of price and the fact the standard system rots quickly.

I've had modified cars before and tbh I cant be arsed with them anymore. I just wanted somthing that looked nice out of the box and had a decent amount of power/handling.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mine still looks like this..

3230445101_22df45fdd4_z.jpg

;)

172/vx220t/m135i
It took me quite a while to find a standard one but seems fair few owners still like to keep things subtle. I just think that for road use especially it feels quick enough as standard and also handles well as standard so wouldn't personally feel the need to change something that's extremely fun and rewarding straight out of the box.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
It took me quite a while to find a standard one but seems fair few owners still like to keep things subtle. I just think that for road use especially it feels quick enough as standard and also handles well as standard so wouldn't personally feel the need to change something that's extremely fun and rewarding straight out of the box.

They're great standard.

However I much prefer the way mine drives handles now.

deannaed18

ClioSport Club Member
  Artic 182
i still have a standard one :D although maybe selling it soon for a cup, which will probally be standard too :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tell you what, a cup packed 197 feels as taught as any H&R set up i've used. I'd like it shod back on H&R's if i'm being honest, but it doesn't need it, thats my point. Imo it wont handle any better on the road

Iceberg 172
Tell you what, a cup packed 197 feels as taught as any H&R set up i've used. I'd like it shod back on H&R's if i'm being honest, but it doesn't need it, thats my point. Imo it wont handle any better on the road

You're right probably about a 197 Cup but I can honestly say, even on the road my KTEC coilied 172 feels a lot more stable and taught than a std 172!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Mine's standard at the moment, keep having half arsed ideas of doing some mild modifications but I doubt I'll do anything as I like how it looks now and I do a fair amount of miles so less comfortable etc would be a pain in the arse.

Except exhaust. Mines got holes, so something is going to have to be done there and I think I'd have to be on some sort of mind numbing medication to put a standard one on seeing as they have a reputation for rotting.

New exhaust on mine and that's it.

The only thing Id consider is tweaking the suspension as it's not cup packed. I think a slight lowering would help the looks too. Oh and a splitter and cup spoiler I guess but not that arsed about those.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Ive changed a few things engine wise but nothing to the exterior, changing the exterior on a clio is a big no no for me

I agree...ive changed out the air filter fora k & N and im ordering my k-tec exhaust in the next week but changing the exterior is not ever going to happen...how do you top perfection :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Standard here to, bar exhaust and dogbone, they'd be standard if they didn't cost a million pounds from Renault.

Mine's standard at the moment, keep having half arsed ideas of doing some mild modifications but I doubt I'll do anything as I like how it looks now and I do a fair amount of miles so less comfortable etc would be a pain in the arse.

Except exhaust. Mines got holes, so something is going to have to be done there and I think I'd have to be on some sort of mind numbing medication to put a standard one on seeing as they have a reputation for rotting.

Pretty much this.

Might 'downgrade' to 15's as well, purely for cheaper tyres and supposedly better handling. That's as far as I'd take it though. I don't see the point of exterior mods - I'd rather have more power but the cost of any worthwhile tuning is too high.

Clio
100% standard on the 172. I'm the second owner, bought of my old man and everything has been replaced with Renault parts.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I don't even have silvervisions..... thats how I roll!!

Photo0333.jpg

TBF, mine has a panel filter, a decat and a full stainless (stealth spec), but I run standard shocks n springs, along with standard issue Michilin PE2's.

Photo0243-1.jpg

I agree that modding cars is a mugs game............ but I'd still like to lower it and have a remap. Just not sure I can justify breaking my bones over every bump. I like the fact I can just drive over speed humps

DB.

BMW 440i
Soon to be me when I have sold the Yozza to fund a Thailand trip!

Don't mind it with or without tbh.

Only thing modded will be an aftermarket HU.

Giulietta 940
Still standard, apart from the Skoda splitter. Not by choice though! I am planning to change the suspension/wheels/exhaust at some point next year.