ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how many times have you pressed the shutter?

Fiat Panda 100hp
Just to see how many photos people are taking...

I have had mine since last October, and so far I have took 11,000 photos. But I have reset my camera once or twice, so probably more nearer 15-20,000.

Not bad going for under a year.

(If you don't know how to find how many, upload a unedited picture to Flickr, and go onto 'More properties' of the photo, its near the bottom

Suzuki Ignis
About 15,000 on my D50 which I had a little under a year and about 20,000 on my D200 which ive had for about 3 months. Bought the D200 at about 11,000 though so ive actually taken 9,000ish myself.

How have you reset your camera?

Megane Mk4
16336 Since August 27th (when I got my D40 last year)
Last taken yesterday.

Never reset the camera either :approve:

Rally bus
42,983 on one and 27,547 on the other... one camera ~ 2 years old and the other a year.... and that's with cutting down on rallying this year :dapprove:

Oil Burner
Bought 400d in mid December, sold in April with about 12,000 clicks on it

Bought 40d in April, now has about 18-19,000 clicks on it.

clio 182 black /gold
On the last picture i took it says. DSC_6373. I bought it second hand. I have done about 1Kish. I have had the camera a few months.

On the last picture i took it says. DSC_6373. I bought it second hand. I have done about 1Kish. I have had the camera a few months.

The DSC thing doesn't really mean anything, as soon as it gets to DSC_9999 it starts again. Assuming it's a Nikon you need to look at the EXIF data of your last photo (use the link in my last post) to see the actual count.

As for the reset thing, I thought the shutter count was hard coded into DSLRs? It would seem very very odd if you could reset it.

A4 Avant
2 weeks ago my nikon was on 3999. Got the camera in March, probably higher now as I used the camera a lot the last 2 weekends, but don't have a mor recent photo at work to run through that site ukaskew posted.

clio 182 black /gold

The DSC thing doesn't really mean anything, as soon as it gets to DSC_9999 it starts again. Assuming it's a Nikon you need to look at the EXIF data of your last photo (use the link in my last post) to see the actual count.

As for the reset thing, I thought the shutter count was hard coded into DSLRs? It would seem very very odd if you could reset it.

Thanks for that. The last picture i took was loaded and it says: Shutter Count6,300.I have 2 memory cards. A 1gb which came with the camera and a 2GB one. It is 73 piccys out. Unless it has been used in another camera. Lee

Suzuki Ignis
Format you mean???
Didnt think you could 'reset' the shutter count without having the shutter replaced.

Heard somewhere on a Flickr forum that resetting my pressing the little reset button resets everything. Might be wrong though.

Where is your little reset button?

On my D200 I have it programmed so that
DSC_### = RAW file
_DSC### = JPEG file

Makes it abit easier to see where the RAW's are if you happen to have shot both RAW & JPEG on the same shoot. And yeah as you said the actual number is the count on the card not the shutter count, you do need to look at EXIF data for the shutter count.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
(If you don't know how to find how many, upload a unedited picture to Flickr, and go onto 'More properties' of the photo, its near the bottom
Do you need a pro account to do this? Mine doesn't show it :eek: