ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much 4 a Valver Clutch to be fitted

I think my clutch is on its way out. Several places have said that it is an engine out job. Is this correct? How much have you payed for it fitted?

Cheers,

Kev

clio 20v

easier to do it engine out u can get the gearbox out by dropping the cradle but its as much hassle imo

ur talking 250 quid ish id say wouldnt pay more than that depending on how much clutch costs u

adi

Well I was hoping around £300 tops but have been quoted over 500 squid from one place local to me.

BBTuning want £490 for clutch and labour (cant remember if that is plus vat or including vat)

Torsion Tuning was £290 plus clutch. This is my best price so far.

clio 20v

well uprated k-tec clutch is 115 quid id pay a ton to get it fitted but thats thru my local reno breakers who ive done a few favors for

adi

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

get the 5 turbo uprated clutch from andyspares......

under £60 and very very good. It is basically the k-tec one but cheaper!

clio williams, Ph1 172

I paid £260 for mine fitted and that was a genuine renault one. It aint that bad a job if you know what you are doin. Most garages dont if they don;t know 16vs. They look in the book and it says 9-11 hours labour and thats how they work out the price. Id say £250-£300 is abotu right. It aint a nice job at all.

I was told you can do it without takin out the engine, by lowering the front subframe or somethin.

you can tilt the box end down to get clearance....

do it, save yerself 200 quid and learn that its not a hard joba t all, skinned knuckles and dirty maybe, but not mechanically testing.