ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much can be made breaking a ff182?? Help please

Inferno 225 cup
[SUP]Right guys seen as the "cute girl with Clio Kart racing look at me with ah omid" thread has gone, I will be posting this up for some serious talk.

My car has been declared total loss (write off) even tho its not bad at all :(and have been wracking my brains out whether to sell as she is or break it myself ?? And the hassle, is it worth it??

Most of you know my car but for those that done its a arctic blue 182ff with 68,000 and FSH.

HELP :)

Please guys [/SUP]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can break a whole car for about £2500. (more if its got cup spoilers or if its a trophy)

It depends how far you want to go with it and how much time you have. I've broken 2 now but won't be doing it again. Takes up way too much time and this forum is full of peniless millionaires.

Inferno 225 cup
Cheers dan

That's the thing I've not a great deal of time to break it, and not to the extent of small parts, but how much would the engine,seats exhaust go for??

It's a long winded hassle selling parts now. Like Dan said you'll see anywhere between £1500-£2500 selling it in parts but could take you 6+ months to sell maybe just half the parts, even at cheap prices.

Reason for that is down to idiots who are selling things for absolute peanuts. £60 for a gearbox and £100-£150 for a bloody engine, is a joke.

Having currently got an arctic 182 FF that I'm breaking currently, I won't be doing it again unless the car either has lots of popular mods or it's free.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers dan

That's the thing I've not a great deal of time to break it, and not to the extent of small parts, but how much would the engine,seats exhaust go for??

I got £200 for the bare engine (literally stripped right down!)
I got £150 for the wheels
I got £60 for the exhaust....

As you can see, its not great.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
were is the damage to the car ??? i need an arctic blue bommet and bumper if its not front end damage

Inferno 225 cup
were is the damage to the car ??? i need an arctic blue bommet and bumper if its not front end damage

Damage is
7EF08C7F-FE5E-4009-8D65-9B67B174B68B-1163-00000362B4C2308A.jpg
that is it :(

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
WTF. Is that it, obviously not just the bumper and boot damaged? Structural damage? I'd buy it back and fix it if it is.

Inferno 225 cup
Bit of boot lining is creased but yeah that is all with the rubber bungs being knocked out of the exhaust hence why it's hanging.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bit of boot lining is creased but yeah that is all with the rubber bungs being knocked out of the exhaust hence why it's hanging.

If the boot still opens and closes, just get the bumper and tailgate repaired and carry on driving it! I bet you could buy that back for about £6/700 and pocket your insurance payout.

Winner.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If you choose to break it, be ready for ALOT of messers.. I will never break a car on here again.. Straight to ebay with the Parts.

If thats the only damage though just get the boot and bumper sorted and drive it like dan said..

Inferno 225 cup
Does it have to be sorted tho? Or can I jut drive around with it like that?

Oh I get the car back for 10% of what the car is valued at :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Does it have to be sorted tho? Or can I jut drive around with it like that?

Oh I get the car back for 10% of what the car is valued at :)

You can drive round with it like that, no problem at all.

And that is uber cheap!!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You're mad to want to break that.

Say you get £2k and the car from your insurers .. less excess etc.. you've £1500 in your pocket for arguements sake.

Buy a bumper and a bonnet - £300 ? Paint if needed - £200 ?

You've your car back and £1000 in your pocket.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Fark breaking the thing !!

:approve:

Inferno 225 cup
£3420. :) it was £2840 but I showed them all te pictures I took after I detailed it and found a couple of adds for the same age with more miles so they met me Half way :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't say i'm pissed off, i'm pleased for you!

So £342 see's you driving your 182 as per usual with a small bit of damage at the back. You keep Just over £3000.

Happy fcuking days!

Inferno 225 cup
She entered a hairdressing competition to do with great length hair extension and through to the top 3 in the uk, so were of to Mayfair hotel on London.

Only treat her with a little bit mind ;)