ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much do you pay for Sky/Virgin?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
virgin bb should be £43 pcm in contra

Interesting. I pay £40 for 100mbs and it's been up and down like a fiddlers elbow. Given I am moving property in January, they better offer me a decent package or they can suck it.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
if they don't, then cancel at the old address and setup as a new customer at the new address...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Was paying £90 a month for,
Entertainment
Cinema
Sports HD pack,
Complete sports pack,
HD
Box sets
1tb Q
+
Fibre Max
Eve & w/e calls
Line rental.

Just spent couple of call renegotiating contract, was ending Feb.

Now have,

Entertainment,
Sky Q 4K UHD everything sports & cinema.
2tb Q box with mini box,
Netflix
Box sets
Ultimate on demand & Q multi room.
+
Super fast fibre
Anytime call pack
Line rental

New 18 month contract £82.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Entertainment
Cinema
Sports HD pack,
Complete sports pack,
HD
Box sets
1tb Q
+
Fibre Max
Eve & w/e calls
Line rental.

Now have,

Entertainment,
2tb Q box with mini box,
Netflix
Box sets
+
Super fast fibre
Anytime call pack
Line rental

That's similar to what I've just got;

Entertainment,
Sky Q 4K UHD
2tb Q box with mini box
Box sets
+
Super fast fibre, min 57meg guaranteed
Broadband boost, apparently guarantees Wi-Fi in every room
Anytime call pack
Line rental

That's 47 quid a month. I don't really bother with sports and movies as I have Netflix and most stuff I watch sport wise is PPV.

If anyone's interested in going for it I'd give it a try, I was 4 month into a 12 month contract and managed to "upgrade" to the above package after a few phone calls.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
That's similar to what I've just got;

Entertainment,
Sky Q 4K UHD
2tb Q box with mini box
Box sets
+
Super fast fibre, min 57meg guaranteed
Broadband boost, apparently guarantees Wi-Fi in every room
Anytime call pack
Line rental

That's 47 quid a month. I don't really bother with sports and movies as I have Netflix and most stuff I watch sport wise is PPV.

If anyone's interested in going for it I'd give it a try, I was 4 month into a 12 month contract and managed to "upgrade" to the above package after a few phone calls.

I need the F1, footie, boxing, golf, cricket, oh & films aren’t to bad for these long nights ;)

Interesting to see what Netflix adds?

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I need the F1, footie, boxing, golf, cricket, oh & films aren’t to bad for these long nights ;)

Interesting to see what Netflix adds?
I have Netflix separate at 5.99, they could offer is but it was an extra 10 quid a month for a premium subscription. Well worth it if you watch on more than one screen but I don't.

What amount of boxing do they actually put on sky sports? I could be tempted to call them again if it's decent bouts [emoji23]

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Entertainment
Cinema
Sports HD pack,
Complete sports pack,
HD
Box sets
1tb Q
+
Fibre Max
Eve & w/e calls
Line rental.

Now have,

Entertainment,
2tb Q box with mini box,
Netflix
Box sets
+
Super fast fibre
Anytime call pack
Line rental

Just for reference, I was paying nearly 100 quid for sky, cancelled it. They've been sending me begging letters, emails and phone calls desperate to get me to come back for 37 quid a month (full package).

I'm getting rid anyway, but they'll go pretty low if you just hang out and don't accept their first offer. Always leave it to the last day before accepting an offer.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just for reference, I was paying nearly 100 quid for sky, cancelled it. They've been sending me begging letters, emails and phone calls desperate to get me to come back for 37 quid a month (full package).

I'm getting rid anyway, but they'll go pretty low if you just hang out and don't accept their first offer. Always leave it to the last day before accepting an offer.

I doubt that includes Sky Q multiroom, Netflix premium 4K, BB & anytime calls?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I doubt that includes Sky Q multiroom, Netflix premium 4K, BB & anytime calls?

ahh, yeah, it was a full tv package with multi room with 2 mini boxes. not broadband or phone though, so obviously that would bump it up.

Did you cancel or just accept an offer without cancelling? Theres no harm in cancelling as you can just cancel the cancellation if you don’t get an offer you’re happy with.

I literally didn’t watch sky at all, daughter did but mainly the channels that were on freeview, i have my own movie server which we use. i‘ve set up a raspberry pi with 9 xbox one usb tuners attached to it for about 40 quid, tv then gets served around our house.

i think i only watched one f1 race this year as well.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
So then, virgin media are offering to pause your sky sports payment but it says you will still be able to watch the channels.

it’s not being advertised very well just thought I’d put it in here.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
If you’re a Sky account holder you can do it online too, no need to speak to anyone.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
What’s that, pause the sports package?

Yeah sorry didn’t explain myself very well, if you’re a Sky customer you can pause the subscription for a few months and you still have access to the Sports channels and any recordings.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah sorry didn’t explain myself very well, if you’re a Sky customer you can pause the subscription for a few months and you still have access to the Sports channels and any recordings.
Really? I thought if you paused it they would stop access.
That's handy then

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Can only pause online if you’re a full sports package subscriber. I’ve only got F1 so need to call or wait for them to update the pause function.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is there any offers for New Customers at the minute, just had a look on their site the one that I'm interested in is just the "Sky Ultimate" at £29 for 18 Months with Netflix

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is there any offers for New Customers at the minute, just had a look on their site the one that I'm interested in is just the "Sky Ultimate" at £29 for 18 Months with Netflix
How does the with Netflix work? Can I use the subscription on my other devices and in 4K like I can with my regular netflix sub?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How does the with Netflix work? Can I use the subscription on my other devices and in 4K like I can with my regular netflix sub?
I have no idea, I hardly know much about the latest Sky features and packages. All I know about Netflix on Sky it’s £29 with Netflix and £25 without. I’m contacting Sky on social media tomorrow get some information on Sky Q.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My Virgin deal expires August.. Will go up to £120. Anyone had experience of haggling the deal to continue etc?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
My Virgin deal expires August.. Will go up to £120. Anyone had experience of haggling the deal to continue etc?
Every time I see this thread it makes me sad because I remember how much I pay.

I just came to the end of my first year on the ultimate oomph package, rang up and they gave it to me for the same price for another year.
just give them the standard,‘im leaving if it goes up’, they’ll go on hold for 5 mins and come back and probably offer you the same price or sometimes they put it up £1

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I had Sky for a total of 16 years, I moved out and was due for renewal and the price just went up and up over the years. I rang up and said I was leaving due to moving which I was about 4 years ago. They offer over the phone which was pathetic and later they sent another offer by email or text and another offer and another one, and the last one was really good but I didn’t go for it in the end. Another way is to wait as long as possibl until the right deal comes up.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Yes mine was 50quid a month (haggled last year) for full house and 100mb broadband and landline inc line rental.
Said it was going up to 90 something called up few months back haggled again now paying 49 quid for same again 13 months contract.

Make sure you speak to cancellations thou not just call up customer service and ask what they can do as they wont have access to same deals.

If you dont get deal you want try again the following week cancellations dept offers /incentives change all the time.

Ask for the renewal rate to be the same as your current one. They will offer a rate that’s slightly better than £120 but not nearly as good as your current deal. Be insistent and they will quickly give you a “best offer”.

Decline the best offer, cancel your package and they will almost certainly contact you a week or so later with a new “best offer”. You have to officially cancel to get their best price.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
They will always try get you back if you cancel. Hold off and stay strong. They will call you back to rejoin.

On hint I will give is, always tell them its to expensive in the current climate. Helps a tonne.

But with the crap on TV its best to get a streaming service instead....

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Christ.. my contract expires next month.. just called up and can’t get under £100!! Any ideas?

A5197804-DF15-4C17-8303-46E8036FD0F6.png

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
24hrs later after I cancelled because the cheapest they could do was £105.. they called me, now £78 per month.

Although I was called by a random bloke called Eze on a mobile number and no security questions 😂

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I had sky for about 20 years. Phone, entertainment and basic broadband. £36. Used to threaten to leave and the would drop to £27

Realised I was watching less and less. Maybe 1hr a day.

Got a basic broadband and calls package from now tv. (No tv) for £18.

Speeds posted on here are way faster though I think i get 5 mps. Never really bothered till working from home with covid.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
24hrs later after I cancelled because the cheapest they could do was £105.. they called me, now £78 per month.

Although I was called by a random bloke called Eze on a mobile number and no security questions 😂

He emptied your bank account now? 🤣🤣

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
referred a friend to virgin media so we both get £50, there's me thinking you get it credited to your account but no.

they send you a link to some Aklamio website where it asks for a paypal account or bank account so they can pay it in. I had a check on the virgin community forum to check it was legit before going any further, but I wonder how many £50 rewards go unclaimed.