ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for a 1.8 16v

Polo G40, Clio 1.8 16v
Right hello people as you probably know i am a newbie

And as you have probably guessed i know sweet FA about Clio's, as i mainly own VW Polo's

But basically i have taken a clio in as a swap and it seems such a shame to just let it sit outside my house whilst i drive my G40 around.

So i am wanting advice really on how much its worth please i can post pics if wanted

Its M reg
1.8 16v
Blue
1 Month TAX
No MOT
Alloys
Electric Windows
Electric Sunroof
ABS, Power Steering
Remote Central Locking
Totally standard apart from exhaust
Cat back stainless exhaust
Cat 1 Clifford Alarm Reciept for £600
Loads of History and Reciepts
Bodywork is ok do major dents
tiny bit of rust on one arch
Steering has some play which someone has said is common problem
Really clean inside

Thanks in advanced

Dougy

Polo G40, Clio 1.8 16v
Thanks for the speedy reply

It is going in for MOT on Wednesday just to see what the problems are with it

But like i said i'm not so clued up on Clios i've only really worked on Polo's :)

Just a quick one about the play in the steering i have heard loads of comments from mates that its a right pain in the a** to fix something about a knuckle or something

Can anyone provide more information on this?

Trophy
There is a joint at the bottom of the steering column which has a rubber insert, this wears over time and causes the play you are feeling, easy way to fix it is to just weld it up, this can be done in situ if you are careful or you can remove the column first.

Mat.

MK1 monster
you wont get alot 4 it without mot i paid well over the odds for mine without mot and spent a fortune repairing it! if theres play in the steering then it could be a number of things the thing is clio 16v's are such a pain to work on!!

S2000
chances are that the play in the steering is down to what mat said. Most people just get it welded, will only cost about £30 at a garage.

Polo G40, Clio 1.8 16v
easy job removing it??

I know a welder so i will be taking it out myself if i have to remove it that is

S

Soontobe16v

I would say once the MOT is done most people looking for a Valver would probably pay £1200.