ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for williams conversion

Im thinking about buying a williams engine to put in my 16v clio

What will i need apart from the engine gearbox and loom?, i take it ill need the ecu but what else? And how much does all this usually go for?

Also is it much work to do or is it just a straight swap more or less?

Cheers

German Barge

"dont bother, go 5 turbo lump, quicker and more fun!"

can be - but find a good one lol.

it cost me £800 for my willy lump, and £1100 for fitting plus parts. so around 2 G mate.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

straight swap.just get a complete engine with all auxs and drop it straight in.my mate got a complete engine,box etc for £500.

yea i cantafford a williams yet but i thought i mite aswell put a 2litre in if its not too expensive rather than another 1.8 16v

Ant1 selling a 2.0 williams motor then?

And what EXACTLY do i need?

Cheers

cheers for the help

any1 know where i can get a 2nd hand willy engine & bits from then?

Ive looked on this forum but is any1 else selling one?

cheers

Quote: Originally posted by kirk on 20 March 2004

any1 know where i can get a 2nd hand willy engine & bits from then?
Haha - good luck m8! Theyre rare as rocking horse sh1t but your best bet would be to contact http://www.infinicar.comwww.infinicar.com and put a request in i think. Going on previous prices youll be about 900-1100 for the engine and bits plus about 300 to fit it. 2k is a bit OTT unless the engine is having some work done done before fitting.

There is a cheaper alternative if you dont mind a bit extra work. Get a 2ltr megane coupe bottom end and bolt it to your 16v head. This will give you the same performance as the willy lump but being much easier to source. I think if you go this route the only other things you need are a williams starter (if you dont get the megane one) and a chip to make your 1.8 ECU up to 2ltr spec. Of course, it all depends on how cheaply your can source the above parts....