ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much have prices risen recently!

I bought my 54 plate 182 FF in April for £5k after knocking £300 off the original asking price. It was a good price then, but now I'm considering selling it and having checked various sites I am shocked!

There are loads of cars with similar mileage up at knocking on £6k and those with more miles not to mention various dents, wheel scars etc are still at £5.5k ish. There seem to be very few at the kind of money I first paid for mine except crash damaged ones or stupidly high miles!

More an observation that anything else, but seems to be a good time to sell if like me you're looking to downsize. Even with the prices though I still like the damn thing too much to sell it! :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
they may be the asking prices... but are they actually selling though?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been surprised by the prices the Clio's have been going for and is making me very very tempted to bang mine up for sale.

Black Clio GT
i sold an 08 golf gti dsg with a few extras on a few months back for £2350 more than i paid for it in jan. i paid 15k for it and now looking at vw uk the same spec cars are up for £18k and edition 30's/pirellis up for £20k............ madness!!!
good time to sell up if your planning on getting a brand new car...........

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Crazy times, I sold my 335i yesterday for £250 less than I paid for it!!

I bought it 8 months ago and it's gone with 10,000 extra miles on the clock!

:-O

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Is it because more are buying used instead of brand new? And this extra demand for used cars is pushing prices up. From what I've seen 172s like mine have been floating around £4 - 4.5k mark for past year.

Clio RS 172 Phase 1
I bought my 172 ph1 last week with FSH in excellent condition for £2k, i actually thought that was a good price to pay. Also sold my Mk4 Golf GTi 1.8T (Yreg) for a shade over £2k)

Monaco 172 (02)
Is it because more are buying used instead of brand new? And this extra demand for used cars is pushing prices up. From what I've seen 172s like mine have been floating around £4 - 4.5k mark for past year.

I have been wondering what mine is worth now also; any ideas?!

172 Monaco; FSH inc belts/prev MOT's/HPI Clear/70K/. I was thinking about £3250-3500!?

german
About 9 months ago I was looking at getting a used new shape focus st2 for 13.5k, now would cost 3k more to buy it, crazy.

Monaco 172 (02)
Its 2002.
I paid £3050 in March with 60K. Bought tax and MOT (straight pass) 2x tyres and and an oil change and thats all in 10K of driving. :D
Looks like I grabbed a bargain.

172 CUP
Just paid £3500 for a late 2002 Cup with A1 bodywork, FSH, T&T and only 45k. Thought that was a steal...

I think people just overvalue cliosports a little bit. My 172 had 32k on the clock and was 3700, belts done and FSH, thats about the average price i'd say.

Monaco 53/468
^ ^ that was a good buy too. Not over valueing them because I own one, look around and try and buy another for that money with that mileage etc

Went to an auction on Monday and nearly bought me a Fabia VRS but it went for silly over book, then a nice black 182 went through, I put £5k on it. It was an 05 54 plate in black gold, done 27k, no packs, 2 owners. The fecking thing went for £5600 to a trader! IN AN AUCTION!

Crazy

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I do think they have increased a bit. I bought my 172 exactly a year ago and got insurance proceeds of what I paid.

If you look at Trophys also, last xmas you couldn't give them away, now they go quick and had an extra £300-£500 sellotaped to their price tag. Always remember a minter going on ebay for £6,700 with low mileage (Last Xmas) - you would have to pay £7,500 for that now.

e91 330d/type r mini
i recently sold a 53 plate 172 in black that was a cat d repaired with 43k and struggled to get £2350 for it :(

Monaco 172 (02)
i recently sold a 53 plate 172 in black that was a cat d repaired with 43k and struggled to get £2350 for it :(

I have a lot of mates that buy and repair Cat D's.
The problem with clios is most people would rather pay a few hundred quid for a non Cat as the values are quite small.

clio rs

it was this time last year the clio RS price/value just slumped, been steady for a year now, prices not really dropping.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Bought mine in Jan for a bargain - hell even webuyanycar.com are offering me more than I paid for it!

R14 CUP
I just spent over £5k on a 172 cup. It was a strong price - although after having it for 3 weeks, it was a fully justified price also :)