ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much have you spent on modding ?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Denison ipod link £99
Winter Rubber Floor matts £20

:clown:

Cleaning products about a fivers worth ;)

Oh crikey! I've lost count on how much we have spent on cleaning bits and bobs. Special stuff for the leather seats in Hubbys car and my steering wheel, various products for cleaning carpets and cloth interior, not to mention stuff for glass and all the black bits, and of course various cloths. It soon mounts up and I don't even want to calculate the cost of all that.

I think we all must be mad to be quite honest. We have or are intending to spend thousands on our cars with not a cat in hells chance of getting it back when or if we sell them. Complete madness! lol

106 GTi
Denison ipod link £99
Winter Rubber Floor matts £20

:clown:

Cleaning products about a fivers worth ;)

Oh crikey! I've lost count on how much we have spent on cleaning bits and bobs. Special stuff for the leather seats in Hubbys car and my steering wheel, various products for cleaning carpets and cloth interior, not to mention stuff for glass and all the black bits, and of course various cloths. It soon mounts up and I don't even want to calculate the cost of all that.

I think we all must be mad to be quite honest. We have or are intending to spend thousands on our cars with not a cat in hells chance of getting it back when or if we sell them. Complete madness! lol

I would not ever dare count the cost of all the cleaning products I have, spent about 200 quid just this month!

Astra coupe
i've probably spent around £200
1]- Dual optic headlights, £70
2]- MK2 PH2 rear lights, £30
3]- Pioneer DEH6500 R headunit, £75
4]- Pioneer Speakers (soon to be replaced), £FREE
5]- Pioneer ip-bus adapter for ipod, £25

Corsa Van. Meh.
1. Seat, side mounts and custom made bracket £350
2. Roll cage £210 fitted
3. Brakes £900 fitted
4. Chrome under bonnet bits £200
5. New exhaust £300
6. Wheels £350

Bought the car for £3450.

So in total my car has cost me £5760. Bargain!

Corsa Van. Meh.
1. Seat, side mounts and custom made bracket £350
2. Roll cage £210 fitted
3. Brakes £900 fitted
4. Chrome under bonnet bits £200
5. New exhaust £300
6. Wheels £350

Bought the car for £3450.

So in total my car has cost me £5760. Bargain!

I forgot coilovers at £550 fitted.

That makes it £6310 all in. Still a bargain IMO.

Through the different stages the car has been in, different colours, engines, wheels, interiors etc, reckon about 12k at a guess, but obviously money has come back from selling old interiors and wheels etc.

Still only done 50 miles in the last 2 1/2 years though :(

Scirocco GT 210
ITG panel filter = £30
Silvervision bulbs = £11

£41 in two years.... I've really got to cut down my spending :eek:

£350 lost when buying and selling coilovers

Thats it on my car other spends have been on replacment parts brakes etc which whilst upgrade were needed anyway or nicities ie CD changer

On the WIlliams I spend about £1.2k keeping it in going.

al

ST on the way...
£100 on ACTUAL mods ;)

Silvervisions
172 rear spoiler
Mud flaps
ITG panel filter (didn't buy it tho)

Chocolate Bar™
humm.... must have physically spent around £4000 on my 1.2 but made a lot of that back by selling things etc etc. so total loss would have only been around £1000 excluding depreciation.

on the 172 probably finish up after refurbing / seats / coilovers / exhaust and engine work at about £2000 probably. of which nothing will be coming back.

its only money :S

R35 GTR
around £3k on mods.

Dont see point in spending money on it, unless I can guarentee the mods I buy will not depreciate in value. The first ones I did will lose me loads but I can make 1500 back for all the stuff i have done.

gen 7 celica
£3500 not including labour. prob should have bought a renault sport and used the mod money on insurance but its been fun.

Megane Mk4
Silvervisions - £6
Errr.. thats it, I'm what they call one of them big spenders ;)
(either that or a tight-fisted yorkshireman :rasp:)

172 mk2 Iceberg
about £55 pounds in the first year

not including the hifi but that just makes it slower !!

So dont realy count as a mod

80MPG BEEZA
erm i'm not gonna add this up to scared lol

fox evo 4's then replaced with bk racing 333's where £700 not inc 1st set

full body kit - sprayed TWICE cst me a fortune

black lexus lights - which arent on now

2 x hu one got nicked sold the other then one,won a £400 hu i have in now :)

full pioneer setup which is no longer in the car

k-tec exhaust then to a magnex enhaust - pricey both sh*t

172 conversion + another gearbox + uprated brakes

viper kit

bucket seats and frames

tv + dvd

carbon bonnet

ugh i'm gonna stop now me tan leather wallets starting to weap

RB 200 Cup!
hmm £600 on 182 wheels and tyres
£500 on blaupunkt sound system
£80 on lowering springs and thats about it

oh and just a tad over £1000 to repair damge like scratches and key marks that some c***s think is funny to do to my pride and joy

White R26/Stripped Valver
Added up everything last night, bought the car for £1500 and spent £8500 on it so altogether around £10,000!!:S

clio 200 F4Rt
hmmm...

the amount i have spent is quiet high, but then alot of it is because items are development etc.

so...

Exhaust 1500 approx
brakes 1200 approx
suspension 880
wheels & tyres 600
rollcage 700
others 200 approx

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Bloody hell, seems like we have spent an absolute fortune between the lot of us. Worth it in my opinion though. I would hate to think how much more i could spend if I started on engine mods. I'm not even going to go there though. lol

We (Hubby and I) are considering modding our little 13 year old 1.2 fidji though. Just little bits, like wheels and supsension. This is a damn expensive hobby all this modding. lol

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
coilovers inc setup 1000
headunit/ipod + speakers 550 (waste of cash)
Viper induction kit 2nd hand 100
Prospeed zaust (some of it 2nd hand) 250
carbon spliter 2nd hand 40
single wiper £50 (worst mod ever)
ring sticker £2
So over 2k! ouch
Still its cheep next to the rx7