ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is a service history worth???

Hi Guys,

Have bought a 2004 182 from a family friend, when i bought it he said that some of the service documents were still in the loft - so he would drop them round.

I have service history from 2008 - and i have the history for the all important cambelt change, i also have the old MOT's from 2007.

It now turns out that the family friend cannot find any of the history before this!!! :dapprove:

I have told him that necessarily i have paid too much for the car if it doesn't have the full history like he said it did!!!! So if he can't find anything then i will be wanting some money back - i know good luck!!

But how much should i be asking for??

04 182 5k with service history. Without, I'd be saying 4k TBH.

Having belt history is good, but none from the start is a worry..

Thats kind of what i thought! I got it for a reasonable price, but had to get 4 new tyres! i will speak with him and see what he thinks is reasonable. I am also trying to track down the history from the documents i have and see if i can track anything down.

I don't know much about Clios, hence why I'm on here cap in hand. However what I would question is why anyone would keep a service history in a loft?? I've heard a few stories on the forums just like this and it normally ends in tears, hope you get sorted fella.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Dont matter who it is, it must have what agreed when I pick it up, anything they say they will have to look for I dont expect. And so far i've been right every time :(

None
When i sold my land rover the dealer wasn't bothered about the service history, even though it did have a glowing one :)............he said receipts are as good as a service history.

Megane 225 F1
When i sold my land rover the dealer wasn't bothered about the service history, even though it did have a glowing one :)............he said receipts are as good as a service history.

True. A monkey could have serviced the car for all you know. If reciepts are there to show the parts are bought, good enough for me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just ask him where it was serviced. Ring the dealer and get them to send you copied invoices.

Awesome,

Have tracked down the service history through the documentation that i had! Managed to contact the owner before the guy i bought it from, and he had the original renault service documents!!! The guy i bought it from was meant to go down to him and collect it, but he never bothered!!!

So i now have a FSH!! Which is handy, as it will be going up for sale soon! the mrs is pregnant!

Westy. MX5
I have bought cars in the past on the understanding that service history, keys & accessories will be posted on to me, of course they never arrived. I won't fall for that trick anymore.
So you didn't keep your car very long Alex, shame there isn't any 5door 182's made.

Yeah me neither anymore!!

Yeah haven't owned the clio long, brilliant little car though. I have owned one previously and this one feels so much tighter than that! Shame really, as it is a good allrounder! But like you say 5 doors, and saving money for fuel econmy etc - i feel so old!!

See that you have a Fabia VRS - great little cars - we used to own one! sold it to buy an S2000. Have a sensible A4 estate now. Have thought about another VRS as a second car for the wife.

GB 182 FF
Well the asking/selling price might not change much, but it will sure as hell be a LOT harder to sell. I literally hung up on someone today when they said they didnt have any history for the car.

From what I've noticed over the past month, spangly perfect FSH etc, 04/05 182's are NOT selling for £5K, much much much closer to £4K (in many cases less), which is utterly perfect :D lol