ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Toying with the idea of selling my flamer to
raise funds and was wondering any ideas of what it’s worth:

It comes with a massive folder of receipts from the previous owner (think was an ex Renault employee)
All old Mots, Renault have done alot of the servicing with evidence of the following ( it looks like it was recommissioned onto the road where it had the following in 2019-2020:

New cambelt including dephaser water pump and aux belt.
New front and rear discs with bearings
New genuine spark plugs
New air filter
New front dampers
Coolant change
Gear oil change
New battery
Fuel injector and relay.
New front KYB spring
New subframe and wishbone bolts
Genuine new exhaust cat kit
( car has a non resonated stealth exhaust system)
New alternator
New wishbones
New ARB bushes
Brake fluid service
New pads all round
New top mount.

Since I bought it early last year I have rectified what I thought was a little rust but actually worse than it appeared. It had the rear quarters replaced, fuel filler replaced and front sill/jacking point repaired where the pics are in my post back when it was done. I also replaced the tyres with 4 x Rainsport 5s but other than that it’s not needed anything and runs spot on. MOT until Nov 22 and sitting on 130k but not using it much.

Attachments

• 946F2326-AE14-4096-B8F8-3089B3D7D1E9.jpeg
    946F2326-AE14-4096-B8F8-3089B3D7D1E9.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 77
  • 36BC37EF-25D9-4F5E-AC0C-09002EAB88FD.jpeg
    36BC37EF-25D9-4F5E-AC0C-09002EAB88FD.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 79
  • 0C6ACD34-A79F-4BB6-BBDC-A61753EA7E23.jpeg
    0C6ACD34-A79F-4BB6-BBDC-A61753EA7E23.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 81
  • 396FB7A8-4172-407A-979D-D35171211195.jpeg
    396FB7A8-4172-407A-979D-D35171211195.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Toying with the idea of selling my flamer to
raise funds and was wondering any ideas of what it’s worth:

It comes with a massive folder of receipts from the previous owner (think was an ex Renault employee)
All old Mots, Renault have done alot of the servicing with evidence of the following ( it looks like it was recommissioned onto the road where it had the following in 2019-2020:

New cambelt including dephaser water pump and aux belt.
New front and rear discs with bearings
New genuine spark plugs
New air filter
New front dampers
Coolant change
Gear oil change
New battery
Fuel injector and relay.
New front KYB spring
New subframe and wishbone bolts
Genuine new exhaust cat kit
( car has a non resonated stealth exhaust system)
New alternator
New wishbones
New ARB bushes
Brake fluid service
New pads all round
New top mount.

Since I bought it early last year I have rectified what I thought was a little rust but actually worse than it appeared. It had the rear quarters replaced, fuel filler replaced and front sill/jacking point repaired where the pics are in my post back when it was done. I also replaced the tyres with 4 x Rainsport 5s but other than that it’s not needed anything and runs spot on. MOT until Nov 22 and sitting on 130k but not using it much.
That’s lovely, always wanted a flamer. No idea what it’s worth but I would love to own it!

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Aye its nicer than Monaco I think the only thing I would change on it would be maybe a set of Turinis but could never find a set close enough, anyway it'll be going up soonsih once I firm up a price :)

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
Yeah that is it, as you can imagine to get it fixed was not cheap but can't fault the work done. Yeah I was thinking something like 2750-3000 or so without taking the piss/dreaming

bangybear

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
I have a lot of pics, basically rear quarters and a fuel filler were cut out of a donor car by the bodyshop and welded in, I can't mind if I put the pictures up here. On the face of it it looked like a wee bit of crust on lower rear quarter and round the fuel filler and once I got in about it was clear it needed a bit more than I thought. If you want I can pop over the pics of step by step from the bodyshop. It was all undersealed afterwards as well as inside the car in the void of the rear quarters with the trim off.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
No it's OK mate, was just curious really 👍

Regardless of the work done you come across as a very honest chap. Rarity and should count when the sale comes.

👍

mw897

ClioSport Club Member
  rs2'd Clio 172
Hello! Im thinking about selling my clio this year but just want to know what you guy think she’ll be worth

I bought it in 2013 as almost a standard a car, had a Ktec stealth, v maxx coil overs, and a panel filter. Over the years I’be pretty much transformed the car and I’ve got so many good memories with it

so here it is! See what you guys think!

Clio spec list

Shell

87k Mile shell in iceberg silver

Stripped out apart from dash

Radio removed

Full R022 cage in black

Renault sport sabelt steering wheel

Boss kit

Corbeau bucket seats

Foz low seat mounts

PMS carbon shifter

Sabelt harnesses

Battery cut off

Race battery mounted in boot with black cage

Cup spoiler

Fabia splitter

Sunstrip

Carbon fog light covers

Brake ducts

Front lockable area catches

Front plastic windows with sliders

Engine

Phase 1 ‘big port’ engine

197 cams

JMS RS2 inlet manifold

ARP big end bolts

182 toyo sport manifold

PMS Race exhaust system and decat pipe

PMS air con delete kit (last of the old version)

PMS coil pack mount

TTV flywheel

Ktec orange race engine mounts

Polybushed rear exhaust mount

Catch can

Engine made 195bhp

Gearbox

Rebuilt In 2019 with new seals and bearings

Quaife LSD

genuine Valeo clutch

New P/S drive shaft

Polybushed dog done mount

Suspension

PMS top mounts

PMS front strut brace

Rear strut brace

GAZ gold

Coil overs with 800lb front and 500lb springs

Polybushed steering rack bushed

16mm front spacers

10mm rear spacers

Stud and nut kit

Brakes

Godspeed 300mm floating discs

Godspeed adapters

4 pot Brembo callipers

Braided lines

ATE type 200 fluid

Brembo pads front and back

Wheels/tyres

Clio trophy speed line turinis

NANKANG AR1 tyres

I’ve owned this car for at least 6 years. I’ve loved every single minute with it

Over the years it’s had tons of maintenance like track rod ends, wheel bearing, alternator, starter motor, brakes, services coil pack, etc etc etc

Down sides

Technically Cambelt is due but hasn’t even covered 30k miles but If it doesn’t sell I’ll do it later in the year,

No current mot but will have one on it

Body works average for the age a few marks here and there.

Engine/serv light is on due to decat

Currently has ABS/TCS light on due to rear sensor (will be fixing before sale)

Wheel are slightly curved

The cosmetics never really bothered me

And it was a track car

I also will have other parts to go with the car if I don’t get a chance to fit them before it goes

Clio cup ac delete panel

Front splitter with aero dam

Spare throttle body

Spare throttle pedal

Rear hub 1.5 degree camber and 10mm spacer shim kit

Another set of areo catches

Another set of softer gaz springs

Spare 172 ph2 cylinder head

The reason for sale is genuine, got an almost 1 year old and only have a 3dr Yaris as a daily, the other half has a 5 door car but when she goes out it’s a struggle in a Yaris 😂 it also hardly ever gets used and is just a waste sitting there

Did a session at trax 2019 (I think) and it was seriously capable then and I didn’t even do the tyre pressures as it was a last minute thing!

Would love to see it go to someone who would finish it the way I would and be used properly.

Attachments

• 9D21C134-F953-4A35-8FB2-F75850296124.png
    9D21C134-F953-4A35-8FB2-F75850296124.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 57
  • 8979E125-52F6-4F03-AE40-E62477AA1BBC.png
    8979E125-52F6-4F03-AE40-E62477AA1BBC.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 57
  • 8BBF4A56-2A3E-4F2E-82A5-F434646C0739.jpeg
    8BBF4A56-2A3E-4F2E-82A5-F434646C0739.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
  • 1017C957-1615-41D9-AEB3-AD06E152BD31.jpeg
    1017C957-1615-41D9-AEB3-AD06E152BD31.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Really hard to sell a track car as most people enjoy the conversion part, I would sell the parts separately to maximise the profit and source the original replacement parts from Facebook marketplace.

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Evening all.

Asked this a while back but my project went on hold. Now with the completion date being the end of this week I'm about to begin negotiations with insurance to an agreed value.
Previously I had valued the car at around 5k, with the prices of Phase 1's raising I'm going to put forward 8.5k to the insurance, with all the time and parts gone into it that's what I feel its worth. Just curious to get other opinions. I may be shooting for the stars, unsure!

Brief rundown of the car.
Black Phase 1,
106k miles,
HPI clear,
Shell has been stripped underneath, treated where needed and dinitrol undersealed,
Engine rebuilt with Renault components,
All suspension components are new Renault items,
Braided lines,
Rebuilt calipers all around,
Not a spec of rust or rot its all been treated and coated,
All original phase 1 items are still there including blue OE floor mats,
3 owners,
New Renault aircon and coolant rads,
Besides drive shafts, hubs and and abs sensors everything is in essence new and Renault items.

Cheers,
Jack.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
This is very hypothetical but may be selling up some of my scrap, and the obvious choice to free some cash up is the oddy....

So key points are:

160k miles, belts and pretty extensive engine refresh with clutch, fluids, Aircon recommission etc etc about 2 years ago
Just passed MOT with worn ARB bushes only issue, have new genuine come with.
Bilstein b14's with covers
Original wheels with PS3 tyres which are as new really.
Snappy wheel
Recaro trendlines in very nice nick
Spacers
Some flocked bits inside
Original mats
Many spares including original front seats, most of the original interior bits, stereo etc etc. Plus bnib bits like new genuine wishbones and throttle cable etc
No rust bar some very very minor surface on the sill pinch points
Brand new headlights and fogs, all genuine.
Bad bits are.....erm paint match on the parts I've had painted are a bit s**t but overall she's not bad... Nothing else really
Absolutely loads more could add here about the car but thought I'd just see

PXL_20220223_153913852.jpg
PXL_20220223_153856407.jpg
PXL_20220223_153849297.jpg
PXL_20220223_153834969.jpg
PXL_20220223_153937995.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
3-4K I reckon but sell the recaros separately.
That was kind of my thinking, remove recaros and b14's and pull about 5k total ish ..... But just weighing up if in my head that's enough to part with it and not sure it is

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yeah it's been great and still is, lovely thing, hence on the fence about it. May sell the mods to free some cash then take stock

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm considering selling my 182 and getting a clio 200. But what's it worth in this crazy world 🤷.

It has part service history, because I'm great at storing things where I can't find them, and it's due new belts although it did have a new aux kit fitted a couple of years ago. It drives great and needs nothing mechanically doing. There's a few small dents and stone chips and it needs a good clean and polish and the wheels need a refurb. Currently on PS3's with 3-4mm tread. I've owned it 6 years and done lots to it.

2005 clio 182 with cup suspension and cup spoilers.
Black gold paint.
121k.

Since 2016:
ARP rod bolts.
New oe engine mounts.
New powerflex arb bushes, steering rack bushes, wishbone bushes and rear beam bushes.
New genuine renault tie rods and track rod ends.
New genuine ball joints.
New top mounts.
Poly Bush dogbone mount.
New injectors.

In 2021:
New clutch.
Refurbished gearbox.
Refurbished front hubs with new bearings and abs sensors.
New 300mm front discs.
Newly refurbished brembo 4 pot calipers with 1144 pads and braided hoses and custom zinc plated steel adaptors. Calipers machined to fit 280mm discs with correct adaptors.
Brake fluid flush.
New alternator.

Upgrades:
Bilstein B14 coilovers.
16mm front spacers and 10mm PMS rear hub spacers.
172 cup Speedline Turini's.
PMS 19mm rear ARB.
Megane Scenic shifter with Yanoo stiff shift 3 and short shift. Custom made reverse lifter and gaiter with phase 1 172 gear knob and extended gaiter.
Fatty induction kit with piperflow filter. MarcR battery/ filter cover.
Flexi wleded onto manifold with v banded sports cat fitted to Scorpion RS 192 exhaust.
Powerflow exhaust mounts.
280mm MOMO Team steering wheel with Volantech cruise controls.
Renaultsport Recaro CS Sportster seats on Jon Foz frames and x low mounts.
Airbags switched off.
New battery.
20190706_csf40.jpg

Obviously swapping some of the mods for standard will net me more but what's it worth as is?

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I paid £3000 for a 172 last year with similar upgrades to yours when car prices where a bit higher than now with 75,000 miles and part service history which was on eBay for ages I think it started off at £5000 and I watched it get to this price in the space of 2 months. Mine was mint with coil overs updated brakes and new exhaust but hadn’t had the cambelt done and this I’m sure was what was putting people off. I have a 200 now and the 172 seems so much quicker and agile I find the 200 much harder work to get similar performance.

Last edited:

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I'm considering selling my 182 and getting a clio 200. But what's it worth in this crazy world 🤷.

It has part service history, because I'm great at storing things where I can't find them, and it's due new belts although it did have a new aux kit fitted a couple of years ago. It drives great and needs nothing mechanically doing. There's a few small dents and stone chips and it needs a good clean and polish and the wheels need a refurb. Currently on PS3's with 3-4mm tread. I've owned it 6 years and done lots to it.

Black gold paint.
121k.

Since 2016:
ARP rod bolts.
New oe engine mounts.
New powerflex arb bushes, steering rack bushes, wishbone bushes and rear beam bushes.
New genuine ball joints.
New top mounts.
Poly Bush dogbone mount.
New injectors.

In 2021:
New clutch.
Refurbished gearbox.
New 300mm front discs.
Newly refurbished brembo 4 pot calipers with 1144 pads and braided hoses and custom zinc plated steel adaptors. Calipers machined to fit 280mm discs with correct adaptors.
Brake fluid flush.
New alternator.

Upgrades:
Bilstein B14 coilovers.
PMS 19mm rear ARB.
Megane Scenic shifter with Yanoo stiff shift 3 and short shift. Custom made reverse lifter and gaiter with phase 1 172 gear knob and extended gaiter.
Flexi wleded onto manifold with v banded sports cat fitted to Scorpion RS 192 exhaust.
Airbags switched off.
New battery.
View attachment 1583233

Obviously swapping some of the mods for standard will net me more but what's it worth as is?
£3,000 - £3,500. I had 4 firm offers of £3,500 last October when I put my BG 182 FF up for sale but withdrew it to clean the engine and fix oil leaks. Mine’s on 133k now, more standard than yours but with same alloys, tyres but paintwork is immaculate bar a few small marks, which would probably polish out. I kept getting told it was too cheap and I’ve seen worse ones than mine sell for same money or slightly more. I suppose it’s all about timing given the uncertainty around future fuel and gas prices and the war in Europe. GLWS.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
£3,000 - £3,500. I had 4 firm offers of £3,500 last October when I put my BG 182 FF up for sale but withdrew it to clean the engine and fix oil leaks. Mine’s on 133k now, more standard than yours but with same alloys, tyres but paintwork is immaculate bar a few small marks, which would probably polish out. I kept getting told it was too cheap and I’ve seen worse ones than mine sell for same money or slightly more. I suppose it’s all about timing given the uncertainty around future fuel and gas prices and the war in Europe. GLWS.
Monitor the one in the link at the end of this post and see if gets reduced etc. it looks like a tidy example so would be a good comparison, but I agree timing is everything it’s probably not a great time to sell but equally if your buying something equally as gas guzzly it will even out I suppose https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Ren...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

Black gold paint.
121k.

Since 2016:
ARP rod bolts.
New oe engine mounts.
New genuine ball joints.
New top mounts.
Poly Bush dogbone mount.
New injectors.

In 2021:
New clutch.
Refurbished gearbox.
New 300mm front discs.
Brake fluid flush.
New alternator.

Upgrades:
Bilstein B14 coilovers.
PMS 19mm rear ARB.
Airbags switched off.
New battery.
View attachment 1583233

£400 with the intermittent starting issue.

Ol
Art
Yer
An

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
At that money, megane 250 allll dayyyy lonnngggg

As an example. Leicester is a distance from me otherwise would have had a look

If I was after a mk3 Meg it would have to be a face lift one. But I just don't need to go that fast these days.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Have been looking at the sale prices of our loved Cliosports and by chance come across a French website selling mostly mk 4 Trophys etc. If i ever sell my 172 i shall advertise it in France and get it delivered. :LOL:

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
Have been looking at the sale prices of our loved Cliosports and by chance come across a French website selling mostly mk 4 Trophys etc. If i ever sell my 172 i shall advertise it in France and get it delivered. :LOL:
We get some good deals over here I remember when rx8s bottomed out and you could buy a 5year old one for £1500 and the USA owners where paying $20000 for essentially the same car.

2phase1s

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 1.2/r5/172
Hiya, just registered here 1st post go easy.
I'm looking at a flame Red ph1 today. 104k miles No mot and no cambelt change, the dude wants £2500. I'm not fully up on prices but is reasonable? Mot and belts + £600, this stands me at about £3000 roughly. Thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG-20220328-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20220328-WA0014.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 43