ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

BG 182
I would not bother with that by the look of how much is it ?

I've had a look at the ad again, and other angels there isn't a large dent, so maybe just the light, his 'spring' deal is £2000.

AT description:
SILVER, INCLUDING RECENT CAM BELT, Silver, Perforated leather/Alcantara, Xenon double optic headlights+auto height adjust+wash, Cruise control + speed limiter, 16" Renaultsport alloys, Electric front windows, 4x40W RDS radio/single CD + fingertip remote, Climate control, Sports ratio hydraulic power steering, Height adjustable steering wheel, Electronic Stability Program with Anti Skid Control, Sports front seats, Thatcham Category 1 alarm, Insurance Approved Immobiliser, Driver seat height/lumbar adjustment. For More Information On This Car Please Call Phil On 01623650650 Or email on sales@sherwoodhallcars.co.uk, THIS CAR COMES WITH 3 MONTHS RAC WARRANTY AND BREAKDOWN CARE GREAT FINANCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE, £2,495

BG 182
That rear quarter looks a pita. Plenty of others about surely?

I think you're right, I'm really holding out for a decent black or blue one, but think I need to adjust my expectations on price? was hoping to find a good'un for about £2.2, but its looking more like 3k realistically, for one thats been cared for and had a replaced exhaust etc.

BG 182
That rear quarter looks a pita. Plenty of others about surely?

2500 will get you a nice one. You looking for a standard one or more track based?

Its going to be a daily driver, so ideally standard (with a the exhaust done, no worries if not as I'd seek to get it done, as I know the original would be due a replacement) I'm at an age and have the finances where I'll be able to run the car and look after it, rather then running it on a shoestring like my previous car, but ideally would like to buy one and then not have spend lots of money on it as soon as its in my possession.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Keep an eye on here, there's been some nice ones of late. Might be worth sticking a wanted thread up with your location and what you are after. Good luck with the search :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I've seen this one on autotrader, advised belts done at 69k, with part service history, one key etc, honest opinion? The problem is its 2 hours away, bit of a mission to find out its no good!

if its a trader you should be able to ask the relevant questions..

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
How long ago was 69k and aux belt will be due please remember there 10 years old and will be due second belt changes.

Westfield, 182, 200
Worth asking. Can you do the belts? Not being funny btw
Done a few belts over the years inc a Honda V6, spent the day with Fred when he did the wife's 197 and was going to ask him if I could sit in on a 1x2 change. It will be a second car so would be on no rush to get it done. Well that's the plan lol!

Westfield, 182, 200
check the air bag light works and hasnt been disconnected.
That's the sort of thing I forget to check, like looking for the black stickers on the front bumper! If its an electrical fault, apart from not having clip, I don't mind looking at (used to be an auto elec) and hopefully it will be a bargaining point on the price.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
That's the sort of thing I forget to check, like looking for the black stickers on the front bumper! If its an electrical fault, apart from not having clip, I don't mind looking at (used to be an auto elec) and hopefully it will be a bargaining point on the price.

Ah fair play mate. Might just be down to oil level but you never know.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Done a few belts over the years inc a Honda V6, spent the day with Fred when he did the wife's 197 and was going to ask him if I could sit in on a 1x2 change. It will be a second car so would be on no rush to get it done. Well that's the plan lol!

Ah that's good mate. Save yourself a few pennies, hopefully :)

BG 182
Firstly, apologies for all the questions, all the ones I'm finding that may be a potential purchase are miles away, hence the reason I'm asking on here, thoughts on this?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...uine-ff-cup-in-black/1060341953#photo-content the bloke is based in Chester, the photo shows a cliosport folio with all the receipts etc, anyone know of this as it must of been owned by a previous member?

Advised cams/pulleys done at 51,413, 9 service stamps etc, just shame its debadged.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Firstly, apologies for all the questions, all the ones I'm finding that may be a potential purchase are miles away, hence the reason I'm asking on here, thoughts on this?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...uine-ff-cup-in-black/1060341953#photo-content the bloke is based in Chester, the photo shows a cliosport folio with all the receipts etc, anyone know of this as it must of been owned by a previous member?

Advised cams/pulleys done at 51,413, 9 service stamps etc, just shame its debadged.

aux belt is over due and think on as it proberly needs its second belt hence people getting rid of them now on 04/54 etc

Westfield, 182, 200
Really want a flamer, but it'll be a car for the winter, poss a track day and for me to tinker with in the garage
Guy selling it says he doesn't know when the cambelt was changed and it has the serv light (on its own) illuminated.
May have a look to tomorrow.
What would you pay?
Thanks, Ian.

Had a look tonight, needs 2 tyres, usual gearbox oil leak, cambelt had been changed in 2011 according to service book, but by back street bob and no receipts to say whether pulleys/aux belt was done. Clutch was really light! Only issues, it had been resprayed on the rear quarter and it's not taxed, so I'd need to get it trailered home. He offered to get it delivered for £100, so I offered him £900 inc delivery, he wanted £1100 so we'll see what happens

Westfield, 182, 200
Couldn't drive it cos of the tax-another reason for the low offer, but will take it up and down the road before I part with any cash.
New tax/sorn rules stink, and they're going to get worse for anyone buying or selling a car!

RB 182 FF
Hi all,
thinking of selling my baby...what do you think my 2004 RB 182 is worth
FF with trendlines
car has 54k miles
janspeed exhaust
belts, waterpump, dephaser, service etc (1100 quids worth of stuff next week)
2 mature owners (I'm 42)
cheers

WANTED Arctic 182
Hi all,
FF with trendlines
car has 54k miles
janspeed exhaust
2 mature owners (I'm 42)
cheers

Had I not just bought an Arctic, I would have given you 4k+(with belts being done). I should have been more patient!

BG 182
aux belt is over due and think on as it proberly needs its second belt hence people getting rid of them now on 04/54 etc

Looks good.

I didn't get back in touch with him, and he's messaged me tonight asking of I've found another car. I'd love to make a decision, but its 180 mile round trip. Worth offering him something? What do you guys think its worth if I've got to get the belts done?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,
FF with trendlines
car has 54k miles
janspeed exhaust
2 mature owners (I'm 42)
cheers
3.5-4k with the work done.

BG 182
Do you know who's done the belts mate?

I'll message him tomorrow to find out more information, the advert shows this image:

EesfGfD.jpg

So I was wondering if anyone recognised the number plate: CW05 EDR? as they must of been on here at some point?

Last edited:
  Westfield, 182, 200
Had a look tonight, needs 2 tyres, usual gearbox oil leak, cambelt had been changed in 2011 according to service book, but by back street bob and no receipts to say whether pulleys/aux belt was done. Clutch was really light! Only issues, it had been resprayed on the rear quarter and it's not taxed, so I'd need to get it trailered home. He offered to get it delivered for £100, so I offered him £900 inc delivery, he wanted £1100 so we'll see what happens

Well, they never got back to me and it's not relisted on eBay, also the guy with the 19k 182 around the corner that I offered to buy hasn't been in touch so back to scanning the usually web sites.
Been watching 172's on eBay and only 1 in 10 seem to be selling!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I'll message him tomorrow to find out more information, the advert shows this image:

EesfGfD.jpg

So I was wondering if anyone recognised the number plate: CW05 EDR? as they must of been on here at some point?

Still needs a aux belt on mileage I believe every 36k

Flamer Clio 172
What's my flamer worth ?

Hi all I'm in 2 minds on selling my flamer 172 what's it worth ? it's a 2002
has
k-tec coilovers
k-tec cat back
k-tec panel filer
k-tec solid top mounts
k-tec dog bone mount
102k miles
tax & mot
loads of paperwork including belts (done at diamond motors off here )
900B8F07-2587-47B2-A28B-1B054D57A7C5_zps1plnfgzh.jpg
E597343D-EFE5-4FD2-AE79-C8879EB57203_zps1pvdo9ug.jpg