ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Looking at part exing my 2003 Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique (no air con) in.

It's done 51k at the mo, will likely be closer to 55-60k when I trade it in depending on financials. No service history (literally zero barring MOT certs), belts done at 44k. Decent tyre/brake condition, clean inside and out etc.

I know it's not worth a huge amount but any money towards my new undecided set of wheels is good right? Admittedly no service history drives it down even further.

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Since i'm going for some more important life investments i was thinking of selling my 172 project car ... i'm interested in your opinion how much is it actually worth in your opinion... i'm in croatia but the transport to uk is not a problem if anyone wants it ofcourse.
here are some mods from the top of my head.

Engine (complete rebuilt 2000 miles ago)
DTH itbs
330 injectors (bought new)
Walbro fuel pump (original not chinese one)
Catcams
Light catcams pulleys with vvt delete
Wossner pistons 12.8 overbore
Pec conrods with arp bolts
Athena MLS headgasket
Supertech valves
Head ported and polished by professionals ( https://www.facebook.com/CylinderHeadPorting?fref=ts )
A/c removed
Power steering pump changed to EHPAS (electric hydraulic)
Polo radiator with spal vent
Forge silicone coolant hoses
Crank and water pump pulleys are lightweight aluminum
new oem parts fitted:waterpump, belts, oil pump all gaskets, spark plugs, etc...
Standalone ECU gen 90 mapped by Autoracing in italy
Made 235,8 HP on a day when temperature was around 25C

Gearbox
rebuilt with new syncrones and gaskets and seals
Gripper 13x59 diff
gripper LSD
Pure Motorsport shifter
Ktec Lightweight flywheel
Alcon clutch set

Suspension and steering
Quick ratio hydraulic steering rack 2 turns lock to lock
Spax coilovers from the Ktec clio 182 series
AST topmounts
Powerflex wishbone bushes with adjustable camber
Castor is set by ast topmounts, Wide track is set by powerflex and camber is set with the spax coilovers.

Interior, brakes...and other stuff
Carbon door and back trims
PH2 interior (pretty much stripped but what was taken out comes with the car)
Sabelt corsica steering wheel
Sparco sprint fia homologated seats with omp harnesses
ABS disabled and bias control valve for rear wheels fitted, the bias is set from the car.
Airbags out
Ktec stealth exhaust from the exhaust header
Omp Gr.N disk with ferodo ds3000 brakes
The car comes with one set of wheels of your choice
Yellow ultraleggeras with practicly new michelin s5b slicks
or
Genuine red ultraleggeras with toyo r888 that have max 300 miles of road on them
or
white speedline 2118 with the same r888 tires
All wheels are in excelent shape
Genuine Clio v6/trophy spoiler
Ph2 rear head lights
i give ph2 rear bumper which needs to be painted.
omp front strutbar
VDO gauges working with new vdo indicators ( volt meter, oil temp, and oil pressure )
Drilled bonnet holes for ITBs
Genuine Aerocatches
Everything on the car is fully working and it is road legal
Every thing was made with lots of love for the car and there aren't any "idiotic solutions" on it ...

probably forgoten something :)

here are some pics

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Anyone have an idea on this?
53 plate 172 Cup in silver, 76K, cambelt done recently,
Wheels need a refurb, interior wear (may need a bit of a refurb, some new plastics. wheel etc), body looks good, no dents, all original except after-market exhaust and airbox.
I'm thinking about £1600?

Corolla T-Sport
Having to sell up due to university, can anyone advise me what price to put my clio up for, either as it stands or returned to standard.
I have an idea in my head that standard it's worth £2k, but I feel that may be a little high.

Clio campus sport 07
65,000 miles
1 previous owner
10 months MOT
Full service history
Bodywork is good with a couple shopping nicks from previous owner
Belts done at 50,000

Major mods: ktec supersport cat back exhaust, eibach sportline lowering springs 40mm, 182 alloys (diy refurb), heko deflectors, rs grill, 20mm front spacers.
DSC_3781.jpg
DSC_3780.jpg
DSC_3782.jpg
DSC_3788.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk1 Berlingo
Anybody have an idea what my 200 is worth?
59 plate under 27k in White.
Recaros Bluetooth CUP & anthracite pack FSH and 12 month MOT.
I'm probably going to sell or trade for a cheaper car as I'm building a house and could do with the cash.
Thanks in advance.

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Anyone give me an idea of value for my Clio (Not looking to sell but just so I know I'm not selling myself short for insurance value with mods)
03 172 Cup, no dents or scratches at all, small hole on side bolster of drivers seat, MOT until May 2016, part history which is recent, 115200miles, standard engine, KTEC Super Stealth exhaust system, KTEC Decat pipe, Powerflex dogbone mount, Koni adjustable dampers, Koni 40mm springs, Powerflex ARB bushes, Goodridge stainless braided lines. Belts are due but value with them done please.

Clio 197 RB
Ok, I've got a BG 182 with both cup packs. In very very good condition. Belts have just been done at Rentech including de phaser. Brakes have plenty of meat on them, as do the tyres.
Standard except for the scorpion exhaust.
Covered 89,000 miles and has a full years MoT on it. I've got it up for £2999 on pistonheads at the mo with no interest at all in a week. Thought it was fairly priced considering the others that are on there at a similar price.

What you guys reckon?

Renault Clio 182
Hi all, just testing the water to see how much my Clio should be up for. Its an 05 plate 182 FF with 69,000. Recently MOT'd and its had a couple of mods such as coilovers, catback scorpion with decat (still have cat), 98 RON remap, OZ Superturismos, rear seats removed and KTEC rear carpet put in but wheels aside I have all the parts to put back to standard that will go with it. As with anything it has a couple of minor issues but nothing major, needs 2 new abs rings on the rear, there is a slight scuff on the N/S lower front corner of the bumper and the wheels do need a refurb to make perfect but like I said nothing serious.

How much do we reckon?

20150729_200535 [Original Size].jpg

Ok, I've got a BG 182 with both cup packs. In very very good condition. Belts have just been done at Rentech including de phaser. Brakes have plenty of meat on them, as do the tyres.
Standard except for the scorpion exhaust.
Covered 89,000 miles and has a full years MoT on it. I've got it up for £2999 on pistonheads at the mo with no interest at all in a week. Thought it was fairly priced considering the others that are on there at a similar price.

What you guys reckon?

I'm the same as you mate. Similar price as well but not had a call or anything. lol been offered £960 off we buy any car

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay so been thinking about a new motor. Usually only keep cars about a year but had this coming up to four years now because it's just been so good to me!

Clio 182 | Titanium Silver | 125k | Non-FF | 3 previous owners | 54 plate

Full service history... (bold where I owned it)
13K @ Renault
25k @ Independent
36k @ Independent
60k @ Independent
66k @ Renault
74k @ Independent (timing belt)
83k @ Independent
97k @ Independent
111k @ Independent (aux belt and tensioner)
119k @ Independent
121k @ Engine Dynamics (timing belt and aux belt)

New steering rack side arms - 04/2012
New Bosch wipers - 10/2012
New Bosch battery - 11/2012
New discs and pads (rears) - 08-2015
New discs and pads (fronts) - 08/2013
2x Toyo T1 R's (rears) - 10/2012
2x Michelin Pilot Sport 3's (fronts) - 08/2015

K-Tec coilovers - 11/2012
Speedline 2118's - 11/2012
Engine Dynamics Performance Pack 1 (Piper exhaust system cat back, Green performance panel filter and performance ECU reflash) - 04/2013

Recaro Trendlines
Re-trimmed steering wheel

Loads of other little bits... carbon fibre splitter and washer blanks, carbon fibre interior parts, stainless steel dials etc.

Bad parts: Early signs of bubbling rust on front of bonnet, one wheel is curbed quite badly, rubber around windscreen could do with replacing.

How much? :) also, what would people do for mates rates lol, my brother's thinking of buying it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers. Probably give it to my brother for a grand without the Recaros. Shame he'll need to put standard suspension back on though as the coilovers hurt his bad back :(

Clio 172 cup
Hi,
how much would my 172 cup be worth it has 125k mot till May, cambelt due in a 12 months or 5k miles. Lowered on eibachs springs has K-tec solid top mounts and induction kit fitted bodywork in good condition and interior, wallet full of receipts recent new tyres.
Thanks

BMW 320d SE
My Clio was sadly written off last month, after having the engine (and belts) replaced, along with new discs and pads all round. It's a 2005 titanium silver 182 with 102500 miles on the clock. It suffered rear end damage which has folded the boot floor. I bought the car back as a Cat C with the intention of getting it repaired. The body shop are saying the repair will be around £1500. I'm now not sure if it's worth getting it fixed and may sell it on as spares/repair. My question is, what's it worth? Is £1000 a realistic asking price or am I way off. It was pretty mint before the accident. I just don't know what to do!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Do you not know any mates in the bodywork industry happy to resolve it on the cheap?

330i. E30 Touring.
£500 max it's worth now TBH.

Only way to make money off that now is to break it. Then buy a good one with the profit.

Monaco Blue 172
My Clio was sadly written off last month, after having the engine (and belts) replaced, along with new discs and pads all round. It's a 2005 titanium silver 182 with 102500 miles on the clock. It suffered rear end damage which has folded the boot floor. I bought the car back as a Cat C with the intention of getting it repaired. The body shop are saying the repair will be around £1500. I'm now not sure if it's worth getting it fixed and may sell it on as spares/repair. My question is, what's it worth? Is £1000 a realistic asking price or am I way off. It was pretty mint before the accident. I just don't know what to do!

Hi mate, I suffered the same on my monaco 172 last month, was quoted nearer £2k to fix.

Hope you got a decent pay out, I ended up with £1,820 cash plus the car (which was 9% or something) so I effectively paid £180 for salavage and sold that this week for £400. (Absolute bargain IMO) but you have to have someone who wants something specific or the time/inclination to strip and sell separately.

As it is, advertise for £600 take £500 at a guess.

BMW 320d SE
Thanks for the tips. Yes £500 seems likely for it as it is, which is a shame but I don't have the time/space/facilities to strip it. Your payout seemed better than mine. My 182 was valued at £1910, minus £230 (12%) for the salvage. If I sell for £500 and buy another £2k car it's pretty much the same financially as fixing the 182 but with the unknown of another car. I'm erring on the side of getting it fixed tbh and running it for the next five years till the next cambelt change.

Monaco Blue 172
Thanks for the tips. Yes £500 seems likely for it as it is, which is a shame but I don't have the time/space/facilities to strip it. Your payout seemed better than mine. My 182 was valued at £1910, minus £230 (12%) for the salvage. If I sell for £500 and buy another £2k car it's pretty much the same financially as fixing the 182 but with the unknown of another car. I'm erring on the side of getting it fixed tbh and running it for the next five years till the next cambelt change.

It's gutting isn't it? I started with an offer of £1500, but had a 'lengthy' chat with the engineer and was armed with more adverts than he knew what to do with. Ultimately, I'm still out of pocket and finding a low mileage example in the condition mine was in, is proving borderline impossible, but I'm a perfectionist and couldn't handle knowing my car was repaired so extensively and then it being worth peanuts anyway.

I'm on the lookout for a nice example, that BG 182 in the classifieds now would be very tempting were it not in bl**dy Scotland!

Good luck whatever you do!

Phase 1 sport
Sorry if this isn't in the right section, I did look in the whats it worth thread but that mainly seemed too be for cars and not parts.
How much would a ph1 172 gearbox with 46k miles on it be worth?
Thanks.

330i. E30 Touring.
Sorry if this isn't in the right section, I did look in the whats it worth thread but that mainly seemed too be for cars and not parts.
How much would a ph1 172 gearbox with 46k miles on it be worth?
Thanks.

As long as it works well, £150-180.

£250 if it's had a rebuild.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd say £2700-£3000 if it's as sound as you say. They just don't really command much now sadly.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What's this worth?

2004/53 plate 172 in flame red
85,000 miles
Both belt kits, dephaser water pump and clutch done in August this year using all genuine parts
Phase 1 big port head and R-Sport matched inlets
All PTFE inlet gaskets
Bilstein B14 coilovers
Pure Motorsport rear anti roll bar
Pure Motorsport gearbox mount
Pure Motorsport camber bolts
Pure Motorsport wheel spacers
Pure Motorsport wheel stud/nut conversion
204/45/15 NS2-R tyres
Brembo discs and Yellow stuff pads
K-Tec Decat pipe
Sabelt Steering wheel with cruise control kept
Xenon sidelight and rear number plate bulbs to match the xenon headlights
All new track rod ends, Ball joints and inner tie rods, fitted in July.
Bodywork is not great. It's by no means hanging but it's not mint either.
It needs a wheel bearing which I'm doing this weekend and it needs new suspension top mounts as the coilovers have finished the originals off. They're only £80 for genuine parts.
I think that's all.
Oh, and the roof has had a satin grey vinyl put on it. It looks crap but I'm not taking it off incase there's any paint damage underneath!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446488393.448472.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446488404.013677.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446488412.398717.jpg