ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is it worth

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Been to see a silver 2002 172 and looking for some opinions on roughly how much its worth.

Its done 37k, Last time it was serivces was 12k ago, belts havent been done, wheels curbed, rear bumper needs repainting due to scrapes, has a good few dings down each side, interior is reasonable could do with a good going over couple of scrapes etc. So generally a bit tatty. Asking price is £3k

Belts and service i can do myself so lets say £400 for belt kits, fluids, filters, pads etc.
£150 to paint rear bumper plus about £200 for paintless dent removal to get it back upto scratch.

But how much is it roughly worth? Might be worth bareing in mind that i live in Jersey so cannot just go find another 172 with belts etc done very easily like you can in the UK, But im tight as fook so im not going to pay over the odds for one just because there not that common over here.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Thats sort of the money i was thinking. 35-40k is average for an 8 year old car over here, I went to see an 02 172 cup about 3 months ago with 9k on the clock. Drive was awesome, £6k price tag wasnt lol

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Nice to have a low milage one, i'd try at 2k or so see what the buyer says

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Oh yeah. I guess you guys dont have to drive far or go far really?

9k. I bet that was MINT! £6k is very steep!

I do 8-10k a year beleive it or not. But alot of people just get the bus to work etc if they work in town.

Owned by an old woman, so wheels were kerbed all the way round and every pannel had dents. Interior was nice though. I could of had it for £5k but it just wasnt good enough condition for the price.

As I said, id be happy with £2200 - £2500. But always start lower than what you want to pay. Its a buyers market especially as I cant see many people 'rushing around' to buy one over there.