ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much is my car worth?

I am maybe thinking of getting a new car, so just want to know how much my car is worth.

Clio 172 51 plate reg Jan 2002
MOT till 12/07
Taxed till 1/08
Just coming up to 60k
Just had full service, including cam belt, aux belt, new disks and pads and new front tyres.

A few months ago i fitted new rear disks and pads so they are still like new.
Just fitted a new drivers side drive shaft. it had a new clutch and gearbox about 2years ago.

I have also upgraded the speakers all round to infinity's.

Car is in good condition, i was thinking £6000 -£6500 as its had all the cam belt and that done, witch cost near 1k in all.

Is that too much? what should i put it up for?

IMG_0403.gif

IMG_0408.gif

just looked on autotrader and they go for about 5200 -5400+

So thats why i think i could get 6k as the cam belt is done. And all the new breaks etc.

If not somebody buying one for 5400 will still have to spend £600 or so for the cam belt.

A4 Avant
I paid £5000 for a 51 plate with 28K without cambelt. Car is very tidy inside, few small marks on the outside. I'd say you'll be looking around the £5500 mark personally.

not want you want to hear but he's right...ref previous one not the blowjob ^^^^^^^ 5k to 5500 imho

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Unless they have done it too.
You cant really add service charges to new owners tbh,otherwise i'd draw up a long list of 10 tyres and 70 litres of oil plus wiper blades and then try and get the whole cost of the car back

lol

ian

Unless they have done it too.
You cant really add service charges to new owners tbh,otherwise i'd draw up a long list of 10 tyres and 70 litres of oil plus wiper blades and then try and get the whole cost of the car back

lol

ian

NO, im just saying its better to pay a bit more for a car that has new breaks all round and a new cam belt. is it not?

or would you go for a car £500 less that needs new breaks and a cam belt?

i know what i would do when buying a car!

RenaultSport Clio 182
About £5.5k but you could put it up for £5.7k and take best offer. Just because you've done the belts and put new brakes on doesn't mean that you've increased the value.
Just like when the gearbox and drive shaft was done, didn't mean that it suddenly went up about a grand in value. Probably the contrary, it needed the work so had to have it done.
I filled up with petrol this week, does that mean my car costs £30 more than it did the day before??

RenaultSport Clio 182
NO, im just saying its better to pay a bit more for a car that has new breaks all round and a new cam belt. is it not?

or would you go for a car £500 less that needs new breaks and a cam belt?

i know what i would do when buying a car![/quote]

It'll go for around the same as any other one with about the same miles and condition as yours. It may be more likely to sell at that price as its had the service recently than the other, but doesn't mean that it'll cost the new owner more.
At the end of the day, the car was yours when the work was done and you decided it needed doing. The new owner may not have fealt the same way.
Owning cars costs money, not just consumable stuff like petrol and tryes etc... But servicing and labour. Unfortunately the costs dont tend to get passed on to the new keepers when the car is sold.
However on the other hand, if a car needs the belts doing (and its obvious when the car is being sold) the price will reflect that...
Swings and roundabouts a bit really

Im not saying the work increased the value, just saying it is better to a pay little more if the car has new breaks and cam belt. why buy a car for less that will need the work done!?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Personally i'd buy a car thats £500 cheaper and get someone i trust to do the cambelt.