ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much is my clio worth ?

Golf TDI
been doing alot of thinking lately , not going to go into all that and basically i was just wondering how much do you guys think my car is worth ? private and if i took it to a car dealer .... tax for another year and four new tyres . k and n induction kit , peco backbox ( no comments lol ) tinted rear windows , subwoofer in the boot with amp , upgraded front speakers , good condition on the inside 2003 plate ... heres some pics guys .......
P3150079.jpg

P3150084.jpg

P3150083.jpg

also what value if i returned it to complete standard

any one have a rough idea ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try and find the book price for it. there are sites on the internet, where you type in car, owners, mileage etc and it will tell you what its worth roughly stock. Some sites do charge.

Golf TDI
ok but do you think id be better of returning it to standard if i wanted to sell as i know its not to every ones taste

Porsche Boxster987S
i was in arnold shark discussing trade in prices on a sport today. mine is a 52plate dynamquie , 60k , great condtion , passed mot last week etc etc and they were offerin 1700 against a 8grand sport:dead: shocking imo

Golf TDI
thanks for the ideas guys and paul that is shocking :O my dad says i will reduce the market if i sell it as it is ! i would deffinatly want atleast 3000 grand for it otherwise im best off keeping . wouldnt be looking to sell until august anyway.

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
yerrr, parkers is coming up with slightly less than 3k but its not that accurate, it doesnt really deal with desirability so i think you should be able to get 3k for it easily

Golf TDI
whys that ... ?

im fed up of the rattling , the squeeky sunroof and the crap build quality :(

not to mention my insurance would be just 100 pound more and i would have a 1.8

Last edited by a moderator:
  Golf TDI
anyone had a vauxhall ?? past experiences or anything ? and yes the car will be going standard in a few months unless a friend wants to buy it from me .. group 8 insurance aint bad for the asta though is it ? tbh its the speed of it i dont like ! its sluggish as hell when i go out with any friends as they all have 1.6's etc .

cock mobile.
anyone had a vauxhall ?? past experiences or anything ? and yes the car will be going standard in a few months unless a friend wants to buy it from me .. group 8 insurance aint bad for the asta though is it ? tbh its the speed of it i dont like ! its sluggish as hell when i go out with any friends as they all have 1.6's etc .

Never owned a Vauxhall personally, mate has an Astra VXR and the interior quality in it is not what I would expect from something costing ~20k.

Remember it's not just about the engine size, I managed to overtake a 1.6 SXI Astra a few years back in a 1.2 Punto Sporting without too much trouble.

Look around at other cars as well, maybe a Zetec S, or VTS, etc, etc.

ST

Never owned a Vauxhall personally, mate has an Astra VXR and the interior quality in it is not what I would expect from something costing ~20k.

Remember it's not just about the engine size, I managed to overtake a 1.6 SXI Astra a few years back in a 1.2 Punto Sporting without too much trouble.

Look around at other cars as well, maybe a Zetec S, or VTS, etc, etc.

Yep my mate used to have a MK4 Arstra 1.6 sXAYE, whilst my other mate had a C2 VTR and i had no trouble keeping up with them over the back roads, could easily overtake the Arstra..

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
my mate traded in his p reg polo with 60k on the clock when he got his twingo. it cost him £400. he got £1500 for it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
def sell it standard mate and sell the parts seperate. try what car

im not convinced whatcar is any good tbh. if i put my car details in (clio campus sport, 1.2 16v, A/C, 15K) it rekons i could get around 6K for it (private sale). i rekon id only get around 5K, if prices on autotrader are anything to go by.

2010 focus Rs
yeah i personally done a 1.6 16v sxi astra in my 1.4 8v saxo, astras are very heavy and you will prob find all your mates with there 1.6s will still beat you, wouldnt go astra + tooo many sensors on those engines, my mates constantly has the engine managment lights coming up!!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Look no further than a Civic VTI or Jordan, they make 158bhp @ 8100rpm.

Itll do the 0-60 shuffle in little over 7.5 and as they need revved hard to get the most from its easy on the go juice when you take it easy.

Although you probaly wont find any with the mileage short of 60k dont worry, if maintained properly then they will run off the clock and promptly back again. The B16 series engines are IMO one of the best naturally asspirated engines produced.

Any decent EK4 would eat any astra than doesnt wear a GSi badge.

Personally that would be my own personal option!

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
save you some trouble mate, my bro done this for me as my car is looking to be wrote off im looking at these valuations from, what car. based on a 03 1.2 16v dynamique 42k on clock

DEALER £4385
PRIVATE £3875
PART EX £3265
TRADE £3115
COST NEW £8670

Golf TDI
thanks for all the helpful replies guys . what sort of bhp do you think id be looking at in the astra ? i know my clio is 75 bhp and from looking on the tinternet the astra supposedly has 140 bhp but that cant be ?! anyone have a more realistic idea .

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
done a quick search and only got 125bhp but it depends on year etc

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mate Astra has terrible power to weight ration there heavy cars the only one worth taking a look at is the Astra GSi Redtop, Apart from the VXR range obviously!

There highly underpowerd for the engines and claimed BHP they put out!

They arent called Vauxhall Dis-Astra for nothing;)