ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how much oil do i use in my 182 & what gear box oil do i need???

Za**** & Xr250R
As above how much engine oil does a 182 need???

Also what gear box oil do you recomend and how much do i need???

Thank's :)

340i
5.1L engine oil 5w40

3.1L gear oil a good 75w80 grade, but most use 75w90 (you will understand when you see the price difference!!)

Za**** & Xr250R
5.1L engine oil 5w40

3.1L gear oil a good 75w80 grade, but most use 75w90 (you will understand when you see the price difference!!)

Awesome thank's very much :)

I don't mind paying alot more tbh which gear box oil would you recomend 75w80 grade or 75w90 i'd prefer to use the best ???

Cheer's :)

Golf GTD Mk7
how oftern should the gear box oil be changed?

think renault say every 100-150k. Might be wrong. Depends on how much track time you do and how spirited the driving is. might do mine this year at some point. Easy to do, so not really a big job.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
think renault say every 100-150k. Might be wrong. Depends on how much track time you do and how spirited the driving is. might do mine this year at some point. Easy to do, so not really a big job.

Anyone confirm this? Thinking of doing mine when gets belt done just to help thee old box!

How annoying it's .1 of a litre over the container size, essentially meaning you have to buy an extra bottle of engine oil and gear box fluid!

Lionel Richie
^you don't, its 3 for the box and bang on 5 for the engine, those quoted figures are for "dry units" ie brand new with nothing in them, you'll never get all the box oil or engine oil out 100%

Westy. MX5
You'll only need a 5litre pack of engine oil, Although the total sump capacity is 5.1L you won't be able to extract all the old 5.1L's, some will be trapped around the oil gallerys so no more than 5L will go back in.

1998 BMW e46 323i
My 172 handbook said less than 5, took over 5 to get right up to full on the dipstick.

When should the g/b oil be changed Fred? Mine was done early, once by Renault, but is now on 115k