ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much out of a tenner ?

Out of curiousity, i put in a tenner of fuel yesterday and the petrol light is on now.

Bearing in mind petrol her is 103.9

That about 63 miles till the light came on :(

Is that about right ?

That was for normal poverty unleaded just as an experiment.

Back on V Power now ;)

I think V power here is around the same as your price down by you ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
People still put £10 worth of fuel in their car, whats the point.

Was just curious.

As it may point to something wrong, if i was geting less to a tenner etc.

But luckely my car is the same so it is fine. :)

BMW M135i
I managed 360 miles to a tank a few weeks ago, that wasn't driving it completely like miss daisy either. Was pretty impressed. Record is 420 miles though.

K20 EG Hatch
If i wanted too i bet you i could get 25 miles to a tenner in the 200 and thats no bullshit! LOL.

Then again to a full tank £60 drivin like a pussy i got over 300 miles which i think isn't that bad considering its 275bhp with a burto....

BMW F21 125d
I calculate my average to be 330 miles per tank (£50, super) so thats just over 15p per mile, on that math, £10 would get me 66 miles. So i reckon yours is fueling just right!

Silver 172 cup
I get about 270 miles from full to pretty much completely empty. So i gues that wil be roughly 50-60 miles from a tenner.

320d
I got 90 from 2.1 gallons which is about a tenner, that was driving pretty carefully in a my 1.2 though, but with it being 50% extra urban driving its pretty good

172 /megane cab
i hate putting petrol in dont see any point in putting a tenner in i would be in the garage every other day if i was to do that

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i get 80 miles to £10 fuel but i dont use optimax

my light always comes on when ive done about 50 miles so then i know i have 30 left lol

197 Cup (JAWS)
got 312 miles to a full tank.

fuel price is ridiculous here, I only put Ultimate in and its at £1.20 atm is proper filth from the british government.

dont know if im gonna be able to run it any longer if prices keep crawling up, looks like it will be public transport until something is done about crazy prices.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Extortion that is! Might be cheaper for you to drive down here to fill up. Was still £1.11 here a few days ago.

182 clio renaultsport
i normally get that out a tenner is well, had a few mods done now, i got 93miles out of £20

E30 318iS x2
103.9 :O wish I lived by you lol!

I do about 90 miles per £10 if I drive like a granny.

182 clio renaultsport
i dont believe in that v power stuff and for the prices damned if i wil pay for it sainsbury super unleaded 97 i use if im close by, for the extra 2p more then 95 its goes just as good 105.9

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
People still put £10 worth of fuel in their car, whats the point.

Only put in what you need? If it gets stolen they dont have much to use in comparison to a full tank? If you have a bump or crash then its only £10 worth of petrol in the bin rather than a full tank? Theres plenty of reasons really, im sure 10 litres weighs considerably less than 45 litres too which can only help fuel economy.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Im getting 25mpg from the 182, never did understand why people buy a 1*2 then focus on driving like a granny to get 30+mpg when a 1.0 micra would be more suitable. Theres no point in buying a guzzler if your never going to drive it properly.

phase 2 172
i get about 70 miles to a tenner in my 172 which i think is quite good .My last car a vectra gsi did about 35 miles to a tenner and thats no s**t and it was no were near as quick as my 172 was silly on fuel the main reason why i sold up but thats another story

Arctic blue 182
Round my way petrol is 27p a litre. Unfortunately when I moved to Kuala Lumpur I had to sell my beloved full fat 182 and driving has never been the same since!

*sob*
Dave