ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much weight can be stripped 172FF?

Clio Sport 172
Hi guys,

I got smoked today by a OPEL Astra, think you guys call them Vauxhalls, and I was thinking how much weight can be stripped off a 172 FF? (Removing rear seats, spare wheel etc? ) has anyone ever done this and can you feel the difference?

Thanks.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Yeah its worth doing as a cost effective way of getting a little more out of her. The rear uprights can be a bit*h to get out though...the rest is simple. You'll get a better exhaust note with less deadening as well!!

Remember though, all that luxury is part of the FF appeal! Get in down to a tuner garage and spend a grand.....then Kiss the Opel goodbuy!!!

Clio Sport 172
Yeah, I think I'll have to start with a Decat, then some ITB's.
True I like the luxury of my 172, just don't like losing!

Cheers.

Clio Sport 172
I don't know bud, all badges were stripped off. But it was awesomely quick in second, I managed to keep it close in first but then as soon as it hit second that thing went, and it even pulled a bit in third!!! Was straight line! I'm sure it must be a turbo OPC.
Where I stay in SA, because of altitude turbo cars do have a serious advantage over normally aspirated. But then again... that's no excuse. OPEL 1 , CLIO 0 . Until we meet again.....

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The front seats have airbags, take the seats out and fit racing buckets and that's a big difference.

Take all the rear out, the sad thing is it only takes 5 bolts to remove the rear seats.

Spare wheel.

All of that and you're pushing a fair bit of weight out, if you want to go further, change the wheels for lightweight 15s and take all the airbags out (including a steering wheel change), fit a cage and harnesses (I personally wouldn't wear harnesses without a cage).

Clio Sport 172
Just an update on some respect won back for the Clio.
Went down to my local fuel pumps and met the OPEL on the way. This time though, empty boot, near empty fuel tank and nice level road with me in Front, managed to give him back what I got the other day. Pulled him all the way to third, and had to slow down for a truck. Nonetheless, he disappeared, no intention to try again, and I'll take this one for the CLIO! Clio1-Opel1.

Thanks for everyones replies, definitely planning some nice weight reductions!...and then a turbo! :evil:

Cheers!