ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much will it affect......

clio mk1 ph3
My quote when i tell them about my mods. I got an online quote for a really good price. On the agreement it said no mods which would improve top speed, performance and acceleration which i havent:

Picture1.gif

I still need to tell them about my other mods right? And would you have thought it being lowered classes as "performance"?

If so i only need to declare alloys, lowered and fully coloured?

im give them a ring in the morning but just looking for any ideas from you guys first;)

cheers

172 cup and Saab 9-3
just the alloys and the lowering the colour coding doesn't really affect it, lowering increases grip therefore faster in corners, and raises the risk of crashes for the unexperienced types

Doesn't make any difference, I phoned Quinn told them about my spoiler and alloys, told me I didnt have to inform them, as long as you havent modified the engine they don't mind.

Depends on the company, cost me £150extra on my old policy to cover lowering + alloys.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
You've got to tell them about all mods on your car. As you've said, the quote you've been given specifies that the car cannot have any mods to increase top speed, acceleration or performance. It could well be that they can't insure your car with the mods you have, therefore if you don't tell them you'd be invalidating the policy if you were to make a claim.