ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How noisy are grooved/drilled discs?

Clio 200
Recently bought a 182 in amazing condition. When test driving it, I could hear quite a loud noise when braking from high speed. I assumed it was the corrosion on the inside of the front discs and was fully prepared to replace them if it didn't wear off. Well, the discs look much better but I still have the noise and after research for new disc replacements, have seen people comment on the loudness of grooved ones. So my question is, is the noise I'm hearing normal or not. (The discs are grooved and drilled)
Thanks.

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
You will hear a little extra noise from the grooves. The brembo max ones aren't too bad, I had some tarox grooved discs that sounded like a washing machine.
I wouldn't worry too much

You will get noise however when you replace them dont bother getting the same again as there is no benifit andblots of negatives

LY FF182
I put grooved ones on my BMW last year.. Made s**t loads of noise when braking, grooved normally help stop pads glazing but there's no need on road cars really. Just get some brembo hc plain discs!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
98db - do a sound check before taking them out on a track. Some have decibel limits. Known a few people not allowed in for 101db grooved discs. #wastedtrip #whowouldafunkit?

WRX
98db - do a sound check before taking them out on a track. Some have decibel limits. Known a few people not allowed in for 101db grooved discs. #wastedtrip #whowouldafunkit?
I take it that's 98dB static and 101dB driveby?:cry:

renault clio 182
I had grooved on mine when I first bought my 182 and made a lot of noise wasn't a fan of them changed over for a non grooved set noise disappeared

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have Brembo Max grooved discs on mine . I can hear sod all difference noise wise from that of a plain disc .