ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how not to stack your clio.....

yeah its a write off the metal around the sun roof has buckled so im guessing the chassis is bent!

went round a corner too fast lost the back end so i tryed to correct it but i just couldnt catch it... by the time id got into a straight line id hit the curb which spun me a bit, then the hedge with the front left which span me again, then the rear left into the other part of the hedge which yet again spun me and put me pefectly on the wrong side of the road facing in the direction i was wanting to go!

apart from a bit of neck pain iv nothing wrong with me so least its just the car and no, nothing else was involved, not many cars on the road at 4 am!

If you can afford to i wouldnt claim, just get a loan and get yourself another car. Break the valver and sell the bits on here/e-bay to try and recoup some of the losses. Pisser mate not a good start to the summer :cry:

gunna have to claim plus im only tpft... the guy whos hedge iv messed up wants a grand! lucky if he gets 250 quid from me but if he wants to fight with my insurers then let him go for it ;)

wish i could get a loan for a new one as i love that car to bits but its just too much...was my first car and id just got my first years no claims!

if anyone wants to donante a new valver to me then feel free to pm me!!!! :D

a grand? give the c**t a sapling from a garden centre and tell him to get f**ked.
I really would try and avoid claiming if at all possible. Being a new driver having binned the car after just over a year youll have major grief insuring even a sh*t car for sensible money with a claim under your belt. :cry:

Unlucky mate. As Loony says, beg, steal or borrow to pay for the costs yourself rather than claiming. This means youll get hit once in the pocket rather than getting routinely spit roasted on a yearly basis by your insurance company if youre lucky to get insured.

sh*tter dood :(

tell the guy to get f**ked, its a hedge for christs sake, does that mean once it grows back anyway hell give you your £1000 back? lol

you cant claim anyway can you only being TPFT?

megane coupe F7R

Unlucky mate. Dont claim! The hedge will grow back!

How are those willy wheels after the accident?:D

are they fore sale?:D

i know its going to be harsh to say, but im not gutted, i hope its going to be viewed as a lesson learned the hard way

youve admitted driving enthusiastically and losing control of the car, be this driving too fast for the road or too far past you own limits, its ended in the 2nd worst possible scenario

hope it all gets sorted quickly, but you cant make a claim for the car on your insurance, TPF&T only covers the third party (in this case the hedge - personal property) fire (nope) or theft (nope)

break the car for the parts you can salvage, scrap thwe remains, buy a car with whatever money you have left over + whatever you would have had to pay as an excess. live in the knowledge, that at any other time, losing control of a car at speed can cost lives, is it worth it on the roads?

Thats in a way true^^.. I learnt by spinning round a bend at 85 in the wet... writing off my old silver 1.6 clio... about 3 weeks after I passed...

I look back and think how stupid It was. If im going to do that now atleast do it properly on a track... :devilish:

Titanium 182

sorry to see that mate!

looked nice aswell

agree with loony

if you can get some money back from parts and scarape some money up you can get another valver

loads of nice ones about for 1500

clarts looked great for that money

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

You should get the blokes hedge repaired. Just because its not something you deem valuable its still his personal property youve damaged.

Cant he just claim off your insurance company? The money you lose from your 1-yr no claims would surely not be the same as what it costs to put things right with him.

Otherwise Id imagine hed sue you for damages. I would.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 19 June 2005

Shouldnt drive like a tw*t then
Prat^^^^

Agree with what Bryan says and howz hes written it.

Hard lines, least ur ok...

ST

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 19 June 2005

Prat^^^^

Agree with what Bryan says and howz hes written it.

Hard lines, least ur ok...

Yeah i agree with both AJR and Bryan.

Being in an accident myself earlier this week proves you dont have to be driving like a mailto:TW@T">TW@T to have an accident.

Unlucky anyways mate.

Think we can all learn from this, i would be gutted if my williams ended like that, time to lighten that right foot me thinks.

megane coupe F7R

Im sure everybody has driven like a tw*t at some point! I wrote my 2nd car of driving too fast around a bend. Im lucky im here! But ive learnt from it.;)

Prat^^

really sorry to see those pics, glad you arent majorly hurt.

as most have already said, try & avoid claiming on your insurance, try to settle it amicably with the person whose hedge is mashed.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Whats that scooter boy? Got a driving license have we? Eh? Eh?

big red bus

He was pushing it in a corner, Thats dangerous driving!

I push my bike on the str8s when its clear! and try to lean into corners, If i stack then its my fault for driving like that, So call me names if u want, but i still think hes driving like a tw*t! Like many of you do aswell!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 20 June 2005

He was pushing it in a corner, Thats dangerous driving!

I push my bike on the str8s when its clear! and try to lean into corners, If i stack then its my fault for driving like that, So call me names if u want, but i still think hes driving like a tw*t! Like many of you do aswell!

I dont wanna get into a sl*gging match or anything here but did you used to own a clio before the scooter?

Just wondering how you discovered the site if youve never had one.
[/QUOTE]