ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How often do you blast it

133/225/CLS AMG

1.2s have their function, cheap insurance, fuel efficient etc

I had an L plate Clio Oasis 1.2 at 17 then an X plate Clio 1.2 Grande when I was 19 so I wouldnt knock the smaller engines!!

Not that Id go back now though lol ;)

I hammer the dci every day. Its seels 4k least 5 times a day and ~5k about every week.

Sort of explains the constant 55mpg even on a long drive to work every day

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 02 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 02 December 2004

Most of the time :devilish:

when it starts.......;)
Which is never!!!!! f**king thing!!!! As u can tell i aint got it bk

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 02 December 2004

Which is never!!!!! f**king thing!!!! As u can tell i aint got it bk

I think its about time you pushed that thing off a cliff or something...... Stuff the no claims bonus :p

Renaultsport Clio 172 16v

All you peeps with 172s seem to be getting a lot better eco then me! The best ive ever had is 24.2mpg. That was in 5th cruising at 40mph for about 10 miles! Sommat a bit wrong there then!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Ill take it to around 6-6.5k most days when driving to / from work will take it the limiter a few times a week too..

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

i generally drive FAIRLY normally, but i nearly always have a blitz down this long road i go down to work, shes going great :D

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 02 December 2004

i dont rag it now, to slippy on roads at mo, no point all it does is lose grip
same here, well slippy at out there. been taking it really easy this week and im averaging nearly 43 mpg, well chuffed with that as i do at least 400 miles a week :D

Street Triple R

I must be getting old i think (22) lol, i just dont seem to blast it anything like as much as i used to, In fact i drive my mums 1.4 more often than my cup now.

Strangely i think it comes from when i had my Evo at 19, you realise that when you have such a fast car you just cant go round blasting it everywhere, so now i drive like an old man................well, almost ;)

Mazda MX5 1.8

never hit the limiter - take it up to 5k about 2 or 3 times a week (weekend run to gf and back)

only once been up to 5500

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Opening it up would be a luxuary. Still running mine in. lol. But used to open my old one up all the time, and will do with this one to. But wont be bouncing it off the rev limiter. Just open it up when its safe and i feel like it!!

Polo + Micra

only ever drive it at weekends
6000 most of the time:D

yep and my trip comp has finally gone up since having the exhaust now reading 31.7 MPG:D
[Edited by Dink16v on 12/2/2004 11:55:33 PM]

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 02 December 2004

never hit the limiter - take it up to 5k about 2 or 3 times a week (weekend run to gf and back)

only once been up to 5500
Youre sh1tting me right? Youve never ever taken the car to the limiter through the gears....... Why not???:confused:

Mazda MX5 1.8

i just feel too sorry 4 the car lol. poor thing - just wanna put a tartan rug over its knees and let it rest

mind u thats how ive got 56mpg out of me 1.6 before the induction kit

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Treat em rough...they like it! lol

Maybe Im weird or something but the first thing Ill do when I get a new car is bury the accelerator and see what it goes like.

every time i drive i take it to the limit - its the fun of the car. i guess thats why i smile EVERY time i get out of the car. the torqu at 5k is so addictive - i find myself leaving it in lower gears most of the time just for that reason.

as long as you let the oil warm up first - and be careful where you do it.

182 Spiced

All the time like most of you have said.... have any of you hit 140 on a straight - on a track of course! My 182 didnt want to...?? Sounds as though it was going all out at a lower speed.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Mine gets driven as it was intended to be... EVERY SINGLE DAY.

As above though... only when roads are clear, sight-lines are good, and only within the Cups (and my own) limits.

Dont hit the limiter that often, but then I do have an extra 500 rpm to play with over standard Cups :D

When I drove my mates 172 I changed up before hitting the limiter at LEAST once ;)

Heh heh, sorry mate... but seriously, with a car like that, its just crying out to use all the revs! plus, you gotta check periodically that the shift up lightbulbs working :D .

In my turbod barge theres not a lot of point going past 6,000 rpm, indeed you probably go 90% as quick just using 3-4k rpm, which is where its shockingly quick! massive scary overboost really lunges you down the road.

Not that often, mainly when overtaking on all these A/B roads up here, unless its on the track....Then again is Scotland not one big race track???:)

E91 M Sport

On most journeys to work I usually just ride the torque, as the engine is only properly warm once I get to work...doh!

With an induction kit on the V6 though, its difficult not give it some stick because it sounds so damn good. Shame then that the kit has fallen apart as is awaiting a suitable replacement!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by 182 Spiced on 03 December 2004

All the time like most of you have said.... have any of you hit 140 on a straight - on a track of course! My 182 didnt want to...?? Sounds as though it was going all out at a lower speed.
Would have thought a 182 would be able to see at least 145 on the clocks....my Williams will get past that figure and it s only got 129bhp atw....