ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how often do you thrash your 172/182’s

I live in Wiltshire!! Roads are ace, when clear and safe *coughs*!

My car sees the little green man avery time I drive it, I have a rather loud car and it gives people a faceful of waaauuurgh every single day of the week!

Had a new engine at 16k but what the hell, it was because the alternator came loose and smacked the cam belt. Dodgy renault fitting caused it, not thrashing, and that came straight from an RTEs mouth!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i dont cane it in 1st - no point as you just get awful wheel spin and awful juddering as the car is going no where - but 2nd up to 5th it gets the maximum... every day.. every time.....

thats why i only get 27mpg.... without fail....

Billabong

ok so the sport can take it. what happens when you constantly thrash the 1.2 billabong in the same kinda way, although not at the same speed. can it take it?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

yeah, its a car, its made for driving... if it couldnt hack being revved, it wouldnt do it! go for it...

thrashed mine today against a CTR on way home from work upto 100+ and could av easily over or under taking it!

On a privet road of course;)

I like to pull away quite gently and let the 3rd and 4th gear surprise me everytime.

I only rag it once the thermo is half way. Dont hit the change light too ofter, I find im already caining along by the time it comes on and its time to break for an island or lights or something by that time.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

i always let it warm up first short shifting at 4000rpm thinking drive sensibly now think of the money you ll save on fuel. Mortgage,bills to pay etc, etc . Then once its warm always end up seeing something that looks like it needs a good trouncing think f**k it and rag the f**k out of it great fun though. can drive sensibly when im old by then sensor on your car will probably send info straight back to big bros main frame fining you if your even think of breaking the 10mph speed limit

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!

H

harryr34

Ive had a 1.2 8v for 9 months ragged it daily, its still running the same as when i got it, minus the clutch.

Weeman sucks ****

I do give mine some stick nearly everyday and especially if the traffic is clear, I got a fantastic (almost perfect) road for a journey into work but being a cut through for artics from the A1 to the A10 it gets a bit annoying at times.

Mines done 45,000 hard miles now and feels better everyday, especially if it gets some stick.