ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how old r are you and your sport

VRS

23 wiv full fat 182, £700 fully comp wiv 1 claim

F 16Valve: you can pick them up brand new from dealer for in between 11000-13000 depending on friends and family discount and how good a month the dealer is having!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Im 28 Ive got full no claims and pay £575 for insruance which includes business cover and 12k miles.
for got to say its a 172 MK2

[Edited by optical on 03 September 2005 at 5:58pm]

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

34. 182 with cup packs. Insurance c.£700 - looking at what others are paying on here I seriously need to shop around more before I renew next April! :p

Maz

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by makavelli on 03 September 2005

23 wiv full fat 182, £700 fully comp wiv 1 claim

F 16Valve: you can pick them up brand new from dealer for in between 11000-13000 depending on friends and family discount and how good a month the dealer is having!
Which company you with mate ?? I am 25, full fat 182 with cup packs and 4 years NC and paying £850 :( (drop me a pm if you dont mind ??)

Mars Red Clio V6 255

27 years old, v6 255 and pay £1100 and a 182 with cup packs and pay £700 both with elephant.

im 18 with a 182 (05 reg), insurance is a fleet policy therfore its £600 a year added onto the policy - but my dad pays that ;)

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by ~Sarah~ on 04 September 2005

im 18 with a 182 (05 reg), insurance is a fleet policy therfore its £600 a year added onto the policy - but my dad pays that ;)

your lucky to have a car like that at 18!

Black 172 MK2

21 - 52 plate mk2 172 and loving every second with it. oh and i own itnot mummy and daddy :D

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 02 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 63/500 on 01 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by d.brown on 01 September 2005

I PAY £2K+... SO I GUESS IM A MUPPET THEN EH? r****d
2 Grand plus:eek:, holy dogsh*t thats a fooking lot of money mate, come to think of its thats more than ive paid for some of my old cars!!

the point i was trying to make mr d.brown which you have obviously missed is not so much the ammount you are paying, but wot you are getting for your money.. everyone on here will agree that renos are not a quality product.. as clarkson said "its feels cheap cos it is cheap!" 2k insurance a year is just not warrented on a clio... if you want to hurl more insults my way because of my opinion feel free, but i stand by wot i said...ANY ONE PAYING 2K INSURANCE ON A CLIO (v6 apart) is MISSING SOMETHING UPSTAIRS!

Were not missing something upstairs its just insurance is stupid for young drivers. I paid around £2k insurance for a clio in my first year of driving and that was a group 3 or 4 car worth £700. I dont think people over 25 realise how much insrance is for new drivers these days.

As ive got a bit older ive stayed paying the same sort of money my cars have just got faster. And now thankfully im looking at group 20 cars at 21 years old for around the same sort of money. :)

£2K a year insurance on clio is warrented!

[/QUOTE] Were not missing something upstairs its just insurance is stupid for young drivers. I paid around £2k insurance for a clio in my first year of driving and that was a group 3 or 4 car worth £700. I dont think people over 25 realise how much insrance is for new drivers these days.  As ive got a bit older ive stayed paying the same sort of money my cars have just got faster. And now thankfully im looking at group 20 cars at 21 years old for around the same sort of money.  :)£2K a year insurance on clio is warrented!
[/QUOTE]

just to upset the young uns even more... who has the cheapest FC insurance for a RENO sport that is not part of someone elses policy i.e. dads, company etc...

ill start the ball rolling 390 quid with adrian flux

57 Ibiza Formula Sport

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 31 August 2005

theres a guy whos 18 and likes to tell everyone!

stusv6 is 21 with a v6 iirc
im 18, how can you afford a sport?! my bf got an insurance quote and hes 19 and it was like 10 grand haha!

LY 200

Can be done Cyberblob but i wouldnt have thought any cheaper than 2k at 19!!!

Has your bf had any crashs or points on licence as that may be why.............Stuff like limiting milage, keeping car in garage over night help with the quotes!!!

The best pricewise are Elephant and i hear Admiral are good aswell!!!

E39 M5

I take it from the above most people still live at home ? ;)

I know if i did not have to pay a mortgage that i certainly would not be drving around in a 172 Cup.....living at home helps.

Why did I move out :D

Quote: Originally posted by maddernj on 07 September 2005
I take it from the above most people still live at home ? ;)I know if i did not have to pay a mortgage that i certainly would not be drving around in a 172 Cup.....living at home helps. Why did I move out :D

SNAP, without monthly big payments to the bank, id have something much more exotic!!

Clio 1.8 16v

20 in two weeks, valver (which is for sale) paying about £1300 on own insurance.

I want a Nissan 200sx !!!

R.I.P 182

jeeeeeesus wingman. calm down!! Like you said they probably do have a job and can afford it. Insurance for me is stupid as in 1.5k for s valver, which is a months salary for me. break that down its like a tenth of your annual wage (ok still alot but spread apart is affordable!)

Cupra

26/ 2001 Mk2 172. Just had it over a week!

They cost a lot more over here in Holland than they seem to in the UK though! Reading that you pick up a new trophy for 13,000 when a new 182 costs 19,000 over here and the dealers have not even heard of a trophy!

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

The Trophy is only sold in UK (500 units) and in Switzerland (add. 50 units).

As for the prices, 13000 pounds is just somewhere around 19000 euros (hint, hint) ;)