ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How quick can my RT be ;)

1.4RT 4dr :(

theres super chipping, de-cat, etc, etc... without dropping in a new lump, i want to see how far i can take it... id rather buy a williams or a valver than go swapping engines.

Have anyone here taken their 1.4 far at all with regards to performance ?

if so what sort of 0-60 and top end are you all getting?

Thanks All =]

By the time youve done all of that, it would be A LOT cheaper to do an engine swap.. and then get even more power and tuning potential.

If you wanna keep the engine, Ive heard of the 1.4 Engine putting out 130BHP.. after work.. hehe.

at the moment id like to keep the 1.4, and like i said, id prefer to buy a valver or williams, the renault 1.4GTT is a nippy car i heard ;) and i know the mechanics maybe a little different but im setting it as a project of mine to have a quick RT :D (stop laffin all you Valver boys n gals=] )

what sore of modifications did that 130BHPer have ?

is there anyone else who have pushed their 1.4 beyond its boundries without the help of 16v powah ;) ?

Ta

yea, it can make good power and 150bhp wont be too hard, only problem is working out a cam profile thatll work nicely as nobody makes a cam for it.

And youll really have to stump up for throttle bodies if you wanna make anymore than 130 with the laguna TB. Then fabricate a manifold.

Longlife is not too far from myself, im sure they could knock up a manifold for me, ill have to ring them for quotes, and get them to take a look.

Throttle bodies, ive seen these before, but im very unsure about pricing with these...any ideas ?

"laguna TB" sorry mate, im a newbie whats this mean ? id have to use a part from a laguna ? :p

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/piper-cams.htmhttp://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/piper-cams.htm they have helped out a nitros powered panda, so im sure they could do something for me :D. what do you mean by cam profile mate ?

To get to 130bhp to start im guessing ill need the following to start, please add stuff if ive missed anything out;
Induction
PowerChip
CAM
and Exhaust

Cheers all/BenR

ill give them a call later on today to find out and post to let other RT peeps know, worth knowing i suppose...

Any ideas on the rest anyone ?

Ta=]

This laguna TB crap, please enlighten me. How much would the already crap inlet manifold need to be bored out to suit this?

Also 130bhp from SPI. Doubt it.

Quote: Originally posted by FunkMastA on 21 July 2003

what could i replace the single point injection system with ?

An RSis multipoint ?
coming to think of it...is it possible to replace the singlepoint with a multipoint injection system ?

throttle bodies : upto 30bhp : £1000 ish

Nos : 25bhp, but can run up to 50bhp in a 1.4 : £700 fitted

SuperChip : 10-15bhp : £190-300

Induction Kit : 5-10bhp : £50-200

Exhaust : 5-15bhp (aint sure) : £100-300

Standard BHP on RT 70-85bhp depending on year and model

Total BHP after mods: 145-210bhp

Cost for Mods: about £2,000

dunno if thats how it would work out, but you wud have to uprate alot of ur engine as well, so it wud b ALOT cheaper just to buy a valver

i almost had a conversion from my r19 but i ended up selling that due to the both cars costing me so much, so having a conversion after that didnt iterest me much...

After hearing so many of you tell me the same thing im now considering a conversion, the 1.4Energy motor in my car has done 98k and has just had a total head replacement with a phase3 clio that had done only 40k and its 200%reliable (fitted by myself), it would be a shame to waste... do people buy these kinda engines anymore?

last thing, im in Cardiff, does anyone live near me that knows of a garage that will do everything for me and know of good workmanship to suit ? id want a propper job naturally :)

Thanks for all this guys! BenR, Marc, and every1 else...ill be better off carrying out all those mods on the valver like you all said...

Consider me Converted Already ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Chris_H on 21 July 2003

This laguna TB crap, please enlighten me. How much would the already crap inlet manifold need to be bored out to suit this?

Also 130bhp from SPI. Doubt it.
The actual runners, a fair amount, and its quite finniky to get tools round the back of it. And the actual tiny plenam bit, 60mmIIRC. Dont take my word, i had an energy for a while, hated it and never drove it.

Quote: Originally posted by Marc@blackpool on 21 July 2003

dunno if thats how it would work out, but you wud have to uprate alot of ur engine as well, so it wud b ALOT cheaper just to buy a valver

I think some of the estimations are a bit over the top though mate.

Paul

Quote: Originally posted by DTWD on 22 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Marc@blackpool on 21 July 2003

<SCRIPT language=javascript>

I think some of the estimations are a bit over the top though mate.

Paul

Very over the top

On a 1.4 you are not gonna see those sort of power gains from either the filter or the exhaust

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I can get 60 more bhp for just £1600!

Using this system, I should be able to bore my RT out to 2 litres and rig it up to a turbo for around 2k. woohoo!