ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to convert PH2 172 fuel rail to PH1?

I'm transplanting a PH2 172 engine into a different shell, and can't use the clio fuel pump/collector/regulator unit. How do I modify the fuel rail to use a regulator? It looks like I can fit the regulator out of the tank, so it should just be a case of drilling some holes.... How does the fuel return line attach to the fuel rail? More to the point, where can I get the parts required/ part numbers etc..

Thanks
Andy

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Hello old topic. Now it is hard to find a ph1 rail. Does anyone how can you convert a ph2 one?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sorry to resurrect this guys, has anyone had any success doing this? I need one for my turbo conversion but Renault no longer supply or have stock of them and 2nd hand ones don’t exist

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Sorry to resurrect this guys, has anyone had any success doing this? I need one for my turbo conversion but Renault no longer supply or have stock of them and 2nd hand ones don’t exist
Well it is not that hard to create one, but you have to be very patient to shave inside ph2 fuel rail to obtain a nice surface so that O ring from regulator can seal. I can help you with some pictures of how it should look in the end. PM me

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Well it is not that hard to create one, but you have to be very patient to shave inside ph2 fuel rail to obtain a nice surface so that O ring from regulator can seal. I can help you with some pictures of how it should look in the end. PM me

that would be great if you could. I’ll drop you a pm