ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fix a broken cup

If your cup is new and experiencing a number of problems here is how to fix them and what to tell your dealer the problems are- coz they sure as hell dont know. Finally got the car back today after the 4th time being in and everythings as it should be - no rattles, clunks or thunks.

A/ clunking noise on full lock (answer - new suspension top mounts front and back)

B/ Clunking whilst changing gear (answer - new left handside engine/gearbox mount

C/ 4000RPM rattle - realigned exhaust system

D/Replacement Brake limiter Valve (if missing brakes will thunk when pressed and released when car is engine is on or off.

It only took 18000 miles for them to fix.............bump

Refer them to the AKTIS system - this is the system Renault use to communicate common problems amongst specific vehicles.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I think I may be lucky here...

Aint got any of those, but it is only 3 weeks old so theres time!

My brakes "thunk" when I lift my foot off the brake pedal.

Can someone explain about the Brake Limiter Valve please? Are they really missing?!

Also, there are only 4 items mentioned above on the AKTIS list for the Cup, is this a complete list?

Yup - you need to get the brake limiter valve replaced - mine fell off somewhere between 10,000 and 16,000 miles - if anyone finds it please bring it to the nearest police station! The Brake limiter valve is needed on cars with no ABS - it distributes brake balance between fronts and rears - you can still drive on it but you must get it fixed as soon as! This list is only what my probl;ems where - but Im sure the AKTIS system will be updated very soon as these are the most common recurring problems - normally happens after 10K miles!

Dont know what it looks like but you will know when its gone - if the cars on or off push the pedal in and release it - you should here a thunk (metal noise) and the brake pedal will feel quite loose.

oh thats f**king great, my cup has been clonking on braking on off the pedal loud clunck from around under the rear seat/boot area!!!!! + i have the clunking/knocking on both left & right turn in to corners under throttle, & the best bit is ive got a track day booked tommorow in the car looks like it will be raining + the car is f**ked too.

Clio 172 Cup

yep my brakes do it too. Also the suspension rattles too. This is summat to do with the aktis update aswell.

Renault will not fix the Rattly/knocking suspension because they dont know how too.

My top suspension mounts where apparently fixed twice and they could never get rid of the noise. They have not got a clue on how to fix it.

I saw my old cup over the weekend, it looked good but mechanically it was a dog.

Renault obviously sold it to some other unsuspecting poor sod.

JPMAD4it2,

No, got most of my money back from Renault and bought another Subaru. Not quite as fun as a cup but it will still be in one piece in 3 years time.......

(ducking for cover) whenever i look on the site, there are loads of cup owners moaning about problems, dont get me wrong, scoobys arent perfect by any means but clio cups just seem riddled with annoying and possibly dangerous cliches.

Clio 172 Cup

they gave u your money back? Did u have to fight it out with the head office? Or was it just plain sailing 4 u? Did u buy it new, cos mine is second hand. If i cant get these probs sorted i might try that too. I hope it does get sorted cos i love the car, its just really annoying having a botched car.