ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fix your electric pum ?

katana2

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Racing Blue
Hi mate,

I've a R19TD pump and I don't kow where I fix ?
I've no AC and I would fix at the same place.
Do you have pictures ?
IMG_1182.JPG

Last edited:
  172 Ph1
Find a suitable location place for the pump .
Most people put pumps in the scuttle panel as air con has gone . Once mounted , then the hoses need to be made to suit new location.
The pump has a output and input fluid circuit.
Connect the hoses from the pump to the Rack.
With regards to wiring up the pump , you will need at least a 50amp relay to control power side of things to the pump , control circuit you can run from the fuel pump control circuit or a general switched earth in the car . Up to you.

katana2

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Racing Blue
Find a suitable location place for the pump .
Most people put pumps in the scuttle panel as air con has gone . Once mounted , then the hoses need to be made to suit new location.
The pump has a output and input fluid circuit.
Connect the hoses from the pump to the Rack.
With regards to wiring up the pump , you will need at least a 50amp relay to control power side of things to the pump , control circuit you can run from the fuel pump control circuit or a general switched earth in the car . Up to you.

Yes I've done the fluid circuit with DASH 6/8.
I've a 30amp relay (why 50??) and a switch in car.
But I haven't the fixation of pump

172 Ph1
Back in the Day - the relay used for these was a purple Renault Relay 50amp .
You can try a 30amp but will prob fail after a while . As these pump get older through working the resistance will increase and the current will put load on the relay contacts.