ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to get stage 1 ignition on 197 ?

197 black 57 plate
Had my 197 in for a remap today but they couldn't get the ignition into stage 1 / maintainance mode so they could upload the map ,
Anyone know the sequence to get this up and the lights to stay on not just on check and off ???
Thanks

197 black 57 plate
Just so people understand , I'm not asking how to turn the car on I'm asking if anyone knows the sequence to enable a 197 to be in "stage1" or "diagnostics check" ?
Thank you

dan's cast offs.
think i can safely say we know what you need it to do, just a shame whoever is 'mapping' the car can't do it though, not exactly what you would call confidence inspiring in them though.

197 black 57 plate
Yeah I agree but they did try everything that normally works on renaults and what works on Meganes but they obviously haven't come across a 197 before so couldn't get the ignition to this stage and after 2 hours of trying gave up
think i can safely say we know what you need it to do, just a shame whoever is 'mapping' the car can't do it though, not exactly what you would call confidence inspiring in them though.
h I

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's the same procedure as the keyless megs? If they can't work the procedure out within 5mins, I wouldn't let them map my toaster.
Although the gains on a toaster would be greater than a 197

197 black 57 plate
It's the same procedure as the keyless megs? If they can't work the procedure out within 5mins, I wouldn't let them map my toaster.
Tried that procedure and the lights on dash all go out after seconds and I'm getting it mapped so it drives better and gets rid of the flat spot

Megane 225 f1
But the lights on dash go out in seconds and don't stay on which he says means the ignition is not staying on ?

Hmmm, only thing i can think of without seeing the car is connecting it to a charger. When i did e.c.u updates at renaut we had to have a battery charger connected to keep the voltages up in the battery

197 black 57 plate
Hmmm, only thing i can think of without seeing the car is connecting it to a charger. When i did e.c.u updates at renaut we had to have a battery charger connected to keep the voltages up in the battery
Thanks for your help
I'm thinking that just cause the lights are going out that maybe the ignition is still on ? He thinks they should stay on like a normal key in stage 1

Clio 197
And yet there's tons of remap threads for 1*2s. Funny that