ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make a 182 sound like my S3??

RenaultSport clio 182ff
Right - come from an Audi S3, and although the 182 is infinately better (more fun) car to drive, stereo is defo not "Bose"!

So, how do I get near that quality - H/U? - whats a popular but not too in your face choice?
Then stealth sub - who makes units that don't take up the whole boot? (designed to fit), and how about components and an amp, and where do you guys fit an amp?

Ideal would include my ipod and steering wheel controls - don't want much!?!

Needs to be subtle - am a GP and my patients don't apreciate my loud music!!

Thanks

Mk2 Golf GTI
Becker grand Prix or Mexico Pro seems to be very popular with the sound quality boys and looks really understated.

Apparently the ipod control with these is second to none too.

I like the look of the JVC KD-SHX751 and KD-SHX851 myself. Stylish yet subtle.

Could always get an 8" sub. I'm going for a crystal comp 8 and also bought some Crystal CSc60 components and and Audison LRX 2.150 to power them. Bought them both used at about half their rrp.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I am in the same boat too, just don't have a clue what to go/look for really. Need to do some research lol, but hopefully some experts on here will help out

Leon Cupra 300
ive got a becker grand prix turning up tomorrow, so ill let you know how i get on... need to find out about ipod control on it though

Mk2 Golf GTI
dr will said:
Spirez
Where did you get your Crystal kit from at lower prices?

The classifieds on www.talkaudio.co.uk.

There's always bargains going on there. There's a set of Focal components on there at the moment worth £250, guy wants offers around £125.

Full Fat 182
philmots said:
ive got a becker grand prix turning up tomorrow, so ill let you know how i get on... need to find out about ipod control on it though
Fancy one of these myself, be interested to hear what you think when you get it installed. Is there an adapter to use the standard display aswell??

TimMB

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy
Apparently its possible to retro-fit a Bose system but you would have to do it yourself and source the bits from Bose suppliers.

Leon Cupra 300
Acejon said:
Fancy one of these myself, be interested to hear what you think when you get it installed. Is there an adapter to use the standard display aswell??

im not sure if need an adaptor or not, ive not really thought it through haha, but i need to get a lead so i can use the stalk controls too... but, apparently you cant have stalk controls and ipod its got to be one or the other!

id probably sack off the ipod in all fairness as it does play mp3 cds:cool:

muz

big fat japanese bus
alpine do some very high quality head units with stalk controlls and several pre outs if you want to adda small sub and amp and can work usingthe stalk controls Oh look there is one for sale in the for sale section .....

A3 1.8T
Personally would get a Alpine H/U, Rainbow Components, Jl audio sub and amp. Price depending what model etc