ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to make ur 1.2 faster. 3 step plan

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
1st step, take your spare wheel out
2nd take your install out completely including headunit
3 take your windows out and replace with ermm nothing.

suprising how much faster it is, bit on the windy side though

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
no just more chasis flex, tell ya what give my back my sunroof creak over chasis twisting creaks anyday

Vectra :(
All that glass is VERY heavy. People dont realise the amount of wieght you can save ditching windows etc and replacing with plastic/nothing

Clio 182
yorkie said:
you forgot to take out your back seats and only ever drive it when the fuel light is on!

apparently just laying the back seats down will improve the cars centre of gravity and over-all balance allowing faster and more controlled cornering.....

80MPG BEEZA
how about removing the door and tailgate? they way a ton and it'll only make it a little draftier!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Batman said:
how about removing the door and tailgate? they way a ton and it'll only make it a little draftier!
o i may well do that lol,

wekk shoudl be having my window put back in today so back to slowness lol

I'll take this thread with a pinch of salt eh! I like my 1.2 as its my first car and anything bigger would cost me a bomb insurance wise..

It might not be quick, but god damn it, its mine and I like it! :p

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
mate the thread is ment to be a laugh, i have a 1.2 and smashed the window on it by accident so took my install over night so it didnt get robed, just noting how its quicker without all the excess weight lol

R26
oneeighttwo said:
apparently just laying the back seats down will improve the cars centre of gravity and over-all balance allowing faster and more controlled cornering.....

LMAO! I remeber that one. Do you think that guy is still so naive?

Clio 182
donofkarma said:
LMAO! I remeber that one. Do you think that guy is still so naive?

Hopefully not. He got slated so badly for saying that i'm sure he's either realised the error of his ways or topped himself. One of the two!

None
The best serious way is to strip hit - fibre glass or carbon fibre as much as you can - de-cats help alot too :D just most ppl dont wanna spend time and money doing up 1.2's for performance

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
or you could do 1 of two things maybe both

roket in the boot

rope round the front towing thingy other end jumbo jet!

It is rare that I fold them down, but it has to be said that when folded they remove a bit of weight. Vertical seats exert more downward force because the energy is focused on a smaller surface area. When horizontal, the weight is spread and so is less per Centimetre squared.

That is fantastic! LOL what a load of bollox!

:D

Clio 182
This is my favourite quote '(Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice)'. - This is him explaining how laying his back seats down decreases the weight LOL

that guy should write a book on it..I'd buy it and laff my way to work everyday.

The only way the seat thing would work (i know it doesnt like) if the seats were on the outside of the car..I wonder if he sits on his spoiler?

133/225/CLS AMG
oneeighttwo said:
This is my favourite quote '(Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice)'. - This is him explaining how laying his back seats down decreases the weight LOL

I recall seeing that guys post, it was fecking quality!!

And the idea of keeping it extra clean to reduce drag on his 1.2 Corsa?!?!?!?!